• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Graham60

New orient arrival today

Just arrived, Orient Star Classic Automatic Power Reserve SAF02001S0 Caliber:40N52

Diameter: 38.5mm Case Thickness: 13.1mm

123-crop4a-crop5

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Always"watching" said:

Very nice indeed. For me personally though, I long to elongate those lovely hands just a shade to add to the elegance of the timepiece.:)

Yeah just a shade. :) Looks better in actual size though, I think the picture is making the hands and the hour hand especially, look short and fatter than it does when on the wrist. :laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willo said:

Love this mate. Where did you purchase from out of interest?

https://www.creationwatches.com/

This was my first order with them (won't be last), saw someone on here posting about them, quick service and some really good prices.

They have different delivery choices. If you want it quick and complete with box, then they have DHL (free) but you'll have to pay customs, delivery within a week from Singapore.

There is a post option (approx £9), which takes a week longer, but you don't get the watch box with it, but going by comments this option is more likely to not pick up a customs charge (haven't tried yet, so can't confirm).

For this order I chose DHL, and even with customs, still saved over £100 on prices i could find elsewhere.

Edited by Graham60
spelling

28 minutes ago, Graham60 said:

https://www.creationwatches.com/

This was my first order with them (won't be last), saw someone on here posting about them, quick service and some really good prices.

They have different delivery choices. If you want it quick and complete with box, then they have DHL (free) but you'll have to pay customs, delivery within a week from Singapore.

There is a post option (approx £9), which takes a week longer, but you don't get the watch box with it, but going by comments this option is more likely to not pick up a customs charge (haven't tried yet, so can't confirm).

For this order I chose DHL, and even with customs, still saved over £100 on prices i could find elsewhere.

Heard about creation before.

How much extra did you pay on top for the customs etc?

Just now, Willo said:

nothing in peoples experience reported on here, therefore feel free to attempt to break the Law of her Majesties Customs and Excise at will. Its oft been reported on the forum but never dealt with. 

5 minutes ago, Willo said:

Worked out about 28% of the original value, not sure how they worked it out ie if it was duty + handling charge (like royal mail does), as it was just a total i was given. But as I said, their price was so good I still saved a bit and was quite happy with total price I paid and much happier having the box as well.

Next purchase will be a seiko probably, so will be trying postage option as you can buy the Seiko boxes separately.

3 minutes ago, Graham60 said:

Worked out about 28% of the original value, not sure how they worked it out ie if it was duty + handling charge (like royal mail does), as it was just a total i was given. But as I said, their price was so good I still saved a bit and was quite happy with total price I paid and much happier having the box as well.

Next purchase will be a seiko probably, so will be trying postage option as you can buy the Seiko boxes separately.

Thanks for the info!

Eyeing up an Orient Bambino as we speak on creation.

26 minutes ago, Willo said:

Thanks for the info!

Eyeing up an Orient Bambino as we speak on creation.

Can't go wrong with a "Bambino", I've got 3 of them.:thumbs_up::laugh:

Amazon (global store) also have some good price for Bambinos, their prices have the import fees already included, also fairly quick with delivery.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/s/ref=sr_nr_p_6_1?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A328228011%2Cn%3A!328229011%2Cn%3A10103528031%2Cn%3A10103538031%2Cp_89%3AORIENT%2Cp_6%3AA2KVF7QXNCLV8H&bbn=10103538031&ie=UTF8&qid=1552943420&rnid=401721011

Edited by Graham60

That Orient Star is a stunner. I was going to buy an OS a couple of years ago but got a Sarb instead. These pics are giving me some buyer's remorse.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Thimo2 said:

That Orient Star is a stunner. I was going to buy an OS a couple of years ago but got a Sarb instead. These pics are giving me some buyer's remorse.

Know the feeling, get it all the time, too many watches to choose from these days, buy one, next day spot another you want instead. :laugh: Sarb's are good though, should have no remorse picking one of them, can always get an OS later.:)

• Like 1

That`s a great purchase @Graham60 i`ve only got the one Orient Star (at the moment ) & it`s becoming more of a favourite with each passing day .Very under rated in my opinion.

The quality of these watches is amazing at the price & i`d be interested to see how accurate you find it because mine has consistently out performed my other auto`s by some way since I purchased it .

Enjoy :thumbs_up:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Decker said:

That`s a great purchase @Graham60 i`ve only got the one Orient Star (at the moment ) & it`s becoming more of a favourite with each passing day .Very under rated in my opinion.

The quality of these watches is amazing at the price & i`d be interested to see how accurate you find it because mine has consistently out performed my other auto`s by some way since I purchased it .

Thank you, :) That's my first Orient star (although I've 9 other Orients, just can't stop buying them.:ooops::laugh:, think they are great watches at great prices.) , and really pleased with it. As you say the quality for the money is amazing, with this one it was the dial colour that really was the clincher, love that old cream looking dial rather than a white dial, just think it gives it a more classic look. Wearing it this weekend and will put it in a winder after that, so will keep a check on how accurate it is and will report back after a week.:thumbsup::)

• Like 1

On 20/03/2019 at 09:09, Decker said:

Ok so it's been in a winder for the last six days, plus it was worn for one day and had it ready for one day before that, after that it's gained 70 seconds over that time, so average approx 8.5 a day, although it didn't seem to gain as much in the first two days, wonder if the angle it was sitting in the winder had an effect? When I had it on the timegrapher at the start just to see how it was running, I did notice when it was horizontal for 10 minutes, it was consistently in the +6/8 range but in the vertical for 10 minutes it was +3/5 range, so maybe if I had worn it the last eight days may have ended up with a slightly different figure. But anyway I'm more than happy with that and it may settle a bit over time, and it's not going to be kept in the winder so will be set to the correct time each time I wear it. :)

• Thanks 1