• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jet Jetski

Your best bang per buck in terms of accuracy - radio controlled not included!

Have to tell you guys, my most accurate piece is a 'fashion' chrono with ..   (suspense to kill you more) ....  RUNNING CENTRE SECONDS!

It's a freak, with sweeping lugs.  And the lume dots on the sticky-up bit of the dial!

It has earned it's David Boettcher strap though ...

22mm hand made RAF style, blue one piece strap, 2 keepers (one fixed, one floating) made to measure.

52947151_122094255528487_341551529695641

Edited by Jet Jetski
typo
  • Like 2

large.MVIMG_20180525_201803.jpg.e117dbaccebb805bfdc9b314e9d5ef35.jpg

I have a few watches that have been steadily performing at under five seconds per year for a while now. The one that is currently leading the pack is an old 1979 Citizen that has been consistently turning in 3 seconds per year accuracy ever since its last battery change.

Edited by JoT
Fixed layout
  • Like 3

Seiko 7548 accurate to a second or two a month which is extraordinary considering its age

large.P8130070s.jpg.ac175d7901ae796505cac4a29ded91a5.jpg

• Like 5

In complete contrast to the gorgeous Breitling above, this quartz "diver" (:laughing2dw:) kept astonishingly good time, and cost just 10€ from an Austrian Lidl last year:

20180426_114141

I set it up using the atomic clock, and it never gained or lost a single second in all the time I had it.  I ended up giving it away in last year's Secret Santa, but if I see one again I'll definitely buy another :yes:

To be honest, these days I rarely bother setting up my watches to the nearest second.  As long as they are within about a minute either way that's good enough for me.

• Like 1

If anyone believes (I doubt anyone does ) the presenters on the VChannel (sky 676)... the the Bulova quartz range are 8 times more accurate than any other movement out there !!!

They ARE NOT...I have had a Precisionist for a couple of years now and its accuracy is easily beaten by my Breitling Airwolf, a couple of Seikos and a Timex Expedition.

Roger

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Roger said:

They ARE NOT...

Roger that, I got mine just before Xmas, long enough to know it ain't true!

It is heavy in a fight, though.

54518283_125587541845825_615034576861292

10 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

Roger that, I got mine just before Xmas, long enough to know it ain't true!

It is heavy in a fight, though.

54518283_125587541845825_615034576861292

Aaah, the mighty Bulova "Davey Pee" - I miss mine, and wonder why I sold the big fella, it was bloody awesome :notworthy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

If only they had filled the second hand balance with lume ...

Naah, looks better without it IMHO - although at a glance I guess it could be mistaken for a pair of scissors... :laughing2dw:

Mine had a bright yellow seconds hand, and I've only just noticed one of the loops is white, so it looks less like a pair of scissors than an all silver one :tongue:

20170407_103319

Whatever, it is still an extremely cool and imposing looking watch :yes:

• Like 2

Just in. Over the last day it's spot on to the second... Lollarge.20190319_184943-1.jpg.220f9eab8e40b1c4d074b5120b08bb5a.jpg

2 hours ago, Davey P said:

Aaah, the mighty Bulova "Davey Pee" - I miss mine, and wonder why I sold the big fella, it was bloody awesome :notworthy:

Spoiler alert, your watch will be in soon. A Chrono, but very reminiscent of something I knew you loved and no longer had... Hope you like it man, I know you're not a huge fan of chronos, but hopefully the nostalgia will be enough for you to enjoy it anyway. If not, pass it along to the next whom might.

• Like 2