• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Watchurself

Steinhart ocean one 39

No issues with 39mm Steinharts...at all. Good VFM.

168575045.i9F4VqkK.20181223_1231520.jpg

167080957.tuQ7rrdz.20180303_144829.jpg

167058374.NdaYaCv3.20180226_165226.jpg

Edited by reggie747
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Interesting question. 

Basically it doesn't in my opinion. The steel quality is good but not Rolex standard. Caseback fit is good but doedssit higher than a Rolex.  Water resistance works as I went Kayaking in my Ocean One, fell in and all good. 

I could be more specific if you can explain what build quality means to you? 

Just now, ong said:

Basically it doesn't in my opinion. The steel quality is good but not Rolex standard. Caseback fit is good but doedssit higher than a Rolex.  Water resistance works as I went Kayaking in my Ocean One, fell in and all good. 

I could be more specific if you can explain what build quality means to you? 

But what does the higher "standard" of Rolex steel offer ? Its harder and more resilient in one sense , but harder to polish up to as-new than the standard consumer grade(s)....

22 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

But what does the higher "standard" of Rolex steel offer ? Its harder and more resilient in one sense , but harder to polish up to as-new than the standard consumer grade(s)....

Thanks. Basically you've answered your own question so that decides it for Rolex.  But just because they use 904 surgical steel so easy to polish and anti allergenic but otherwise similar in properties to Steinhart's steel, what does build quality mean to you who posed the original question? 

On 20/03/2019 at 11:17, JonnyOldBoy said:

Once Putin hands back Crimea... :laugh:

I know its said in jest but I have read similar arguments before.  I always found it a bit strange though I mean do people realise Vostok watches are made in Tatarstan a mostly Muslim semi autonomous region of central Russia?  I mean they are hardly made in Putin's basement.

• Like 1

On 20/03/2019 at 11:17, JonnyOldBoy said:

Once Putin hands back Crimea... :laugh:

While on the subject of Vostok and Chistopol here is a Russian tour guide of the town.

https://nashaplaneta.net/en/europe/russia/kazan-chistopol

The basic gist is "Its pretty much the Russian equivalent of Stoke and I wouldnt recommend it to anyone but if you really insist on going here is a list of some of the hotels, museums, Mosques and Churches that are there"

:laugh:

2 hours ago, ZenArcade said:

While on the subject of Vostok and Chistopol here is a Russian tour guide of the town.

https://nashaplaneta.net/en/europe/russia/kazan-chistopol

The basic gist is "Its pretty much the Russian equivalent of Stoke and I wouldnt recommend it to anyone but if you really insist on going here is a list of some of the hotels, museums, Mosques and Churches that are there"

:laugh:

Its a shame really .... Stoke I mean .... :laugh:

• Haha 1

I previously owned the black ceramic version of the GMT and it was superb,  once of the most comfortable watches I’ve owned.  I ended up moving it on as I couldn’t quite shake the feels no if ‘poor mans rolex’ etc which is a shame.  Glad I did as it’s enabled me to buy a Tudor in the end but I love the look and feel and very well made.  The bracelet is lovely as well so all round a great package for the price