• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I have a MWC G10 with the battery hatch and hexagonal crystal surround which I bought brand new in 2004. It has MWC MILITARY QUARTZ Swiss movt  on the face.

This is my every day watch for the past 15 years and has been ultra reliable. The battery hatch seal isn't water proofed anymore so have to be careful with water.

My watch is a watch that's based on military values and that's all I see and expect from it.

Why do people dislike MWC watches so much? Some even spit feathers with discussed!!!!!

Your views respected and of interest!!!!

• Like 1

According to a topic in the Military Watch Forum about 12 years ago MWC made claims they has supplied the Ministry of Defence and I believe there was no evidence this was the case, there were also other claims made which rubbed the military watch fraternity up the wrong way. Claims and counterclaims have been made about quality, there's a load of discussion on the MWF

• Like 1

I have been close to buying one, but they their dive watches are not that much cheaper than some really nice watches, and not different enough from their stablemates - I would rather save up and get a Holton professional I think - more bucks, but nice in-house design, and a NATO stock number, if it's military you want.

22 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

I have been close to buying one, but they their dive watches are not that much cheaper than some really nice watches, and not different enough from their stablemates - I would rather save up and get a Holton professional I think - more bucks, but nice in-house design, and a NATO stock number, if it's military you want.

I have tried to find out what the numbers on the back equates to and seems the answer is they mean nothing despite the claim some time back they are contract numbers to a particular authority they are  intended. When my watch became non waterproof through changing batteries over the years the seal lets in water after a period of time I contacted MWC enquiring about the contract numbers and a seal kit or any advice they could give. They replied and were not interested or helpful in anyway. 

I can only comment on my particular watch which has been tough and reliable but wouldn't bother with another I don't think. 

On 20/03/2019 at 19:33, JoT said:

According to a topic in the Military Watch Forum about 12 years ago MWC made claims they has supplied the Ministry of Defence and I believe there was no evidence this was the case, there were also other claims made which rubbed the military watch fraternity up the wrong way. Claims and counterclaims have been made about quality, there's a load of discussion on the MWF

I've just looked on this forum and can't see anything relating to the brand at all. 

On 20/03/2019 at 10:29, Jumbuck said:

I have a MWC G10 with the battery hatch and hexagonal crystal surround which I bought brand new in 2004. It has MWC MILITARY QUARTZ Swiss movt  on the face.

This is my every day watch for the past 15 years and has been ultra reliable. The battery hatch seal isn't water proofed anymore so have to be careful with water.

My watch is a watch that's based on military values and that's all I see and expect from it.

Why do people dislike MWC watches so much? Some even spit feathers with discussed!!!!!

Your views respected and of interest!!!!

I had one of these watches some years ago I don't know exactly how long but my guess is it's got to be not far off 20 years when I left the military. I think this particular model is quite interesting because it's totally different to what they make now the one I had had a plexiglass crystal like a CWC I happened to see somebody wearing one of these watches probably 10 years plus ago and at some point between me owning mine and him at buying his they had switched to using actual glass. When I owned my watch it was very good for around five or six years then I gave it to an ex military guy I knew because it was in quite good condition still and I bought myself a P6500 Traser not realising the water resistance was very low, having said that it was a good watch and the tritium light sources worked well and on the occasions it got wet it survived even though I recall it was only rated at 30 meter water resistance. I would imagine with your watch them at a good chance that MWC would still have the battery hatches about obviously I can't be sure.

Having owned a very wide range of typical military watches over the years for example Marathon, CWC and Traser I think it's fair to say that the old MWC which you have is quite unique the current models look pretty much the same as CWC though they tend to be larger, around seven or eight years ago I bought a MWC 100 meter PVD G10 I noticed around two years ago that CWC now make a similar model. 

Though I have spoken to Dieter at MWC on quite a few occasions and actually met him last year at the IWA in Germany I've never been able to get any of the staff to tell me who and what they supply, interesting twist to the event though is I was in Portugal on holiday and spoke to a guy wearing a watch like my MWC G10 in PVD and it turned out it was an MWC because it was on the case back I wanted to photograph the item at the time but didn't have my phone with me but interestingly I spotted an image of the item on the web but I can’t see how to attach it here so have added a link to it https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j7RSMspui2SWlKiAJxWK1tvuPnGxKk-Q/view?usp=sharing