• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
JayDeep

Ordered my first Amphibia

From eBay. Will take over a month to arrive, which is crazy, but I plan on modding a little with an SKX divers bezel and Pepsi insert. Can't wait to give modding a try with a dip of the toe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if you are aware of this thread but some really good ideas here for mods 

The Amphibia's are great watches for the price I have owned a couple in the past

FD4748EC-FA82-4BAE-98DC-038F9B1BABE0_zps

IMG_2937_zpsqkqbkwk7.jpg

I am not entirely certain that the SKX bezel will fit though , I think you need one specifically for the Amphibia .  good luck with the mod I for one will be interested to see it when finished . 

Edited by jsud2002
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JayDeep said:

From eBay. Will take over a month to arrive, which is crazy, but I plan on modding a little with an SKX divers bezel and Pepsi insert. Can't wait to give modding a try with a dip of the toe.

This chap was impressed.

Albeit, a Komandirskie, but same movement as the Amphibia.

Steve.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jsud2002 said:

Not sure if you are aware of this thread but some really good ideas here for mods 

The Amphibia's are great watches for the price I have owned a couple in the past

FD4748EC-FA82-4BAE-98DC-038F9B1BABE0_zps

IMG_2937_zpsqkqbkwk7.jpg

I am not entirely certain that the SKX bezel will fit though , I think you need one specifically for the Amphibia .  good luck with the mod I for one will be interested to see it when finished . 

Sorry I should've been cleared, it is a vessel designed to got the Amphibia 110 model I ordered, but is there size of an SKX Seiko so will take any SKX insert.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, JayDeep said:

knew it following your leader! Well done. 2 super powers together better than 2 apart. Sensible. Good lad. Image result for trump and putin

Edited by Nigelp
  • Haha 1

what a voice, what a finish. 

Just now, WRENCH said:

Always worth having a couple in the collection :toot: 

• Like 1

I've had an amphibia in my ebay watch list for agesssss (I won't even mention my amazon wish list). It was originally £40 but the price has slowly started to rise. Its at around £80 for the same one now!!

I really want to grab myself one but I just don't know if I'll wear it! It's a massive toss up between that a seiko 5 sport or a bertucci.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I spent £38 on a Radio Room Amphibia. Whilst I love the watch, it was my intention to put on a new red bezel. To my horror I found a replacement bezel which cost about 10p to manufacture cost almost as much as the watch. I have stuck with the original, but if anyone knows of a cheap supplier please let me know. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mrs Wiggles said:

I spent £38 on a Radio Room Amphibia. Whilst I love the watch, it was my intention to put on a new red bezel. To my horror I found a replacement bezel which cost about 10p to manufacture cost almost as much as the watch. I have stuck with the original, but if anyone knows of a cheap supplier please let me know. 

As far as I could see, there aren't any unfortunately. Good quality bezel + insert from Dagaz or whatever will easily run to forty quid. 

If you split that cost out over the life of the watch it's easier to justify I guess, but I'm fairly sure the replacement bezels are better quality than the Amphibia itself anyway!

On 25/04/2019 at 13:05, Mrs Wiggles said:

Have you not tried Meranom yet? https://meranom.com/en/search/?search=bezel&limit=100