• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
stairpost

Omega pin needed

Hi All,

I need an 18mm pin for an Omega beads of rice bracelet on a 36mm Seamaster quartz. It's for the link that attaches to the clasp.

Apologies if the description isn't enough to be of use. I have tried to upload a pic but I keep getting a red box when I paste the link.

Does anyone have one I could buy, or could someone point me in the direction of where I could find one. I am reluctant to send it off to Omega for just a pin as I am happy to fit it myself without the expense.

Thanks

Rich.

2 hours ago, scottswatches said:

We'll need more to go on i'm afraid

I suspected that might be the case. I tried linking to the pic on Flickr and Imgur, but neither worked. I'll see if I can see a model number on the bracelet.

Instructions for posting a picture here:

You will need the bracelet number as well

http://imgur.com/mc80fkD 

8 minutes ago, JoT said:

Instructions for posting a picture here:

You will need the bracelet number as well

Thank you. I've popped the link in the thread. It didn't show the pic but hopefully the link will work.

I shall post the bracelet number in the morning, as I've just realised I've left the watch in my desk at work. 

OK thats a Seamaster Pro midsize bracelet not a beads-of-rice

Might be a different pin than the link pin

I will move this to Ask Simon

30 minutes ago, JoT said:

OK thats a Seamaster Pro midsize bracelet not a beads-of-rice

Might be a different pin than the link pin

I will move this to Ask

Brilliant, thank you. 

3 hours ago, simon2 said:

looks simple enough to make a pin to fit that.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=372578127629

I've found the above for a fiver on Ebay. What do you think?

Make a pin? Am I being stupid or would a paperclip be a good place to start? Right shape and easy to cut.

Thanks

Rich.

If you are in any doubt at all, my advice would be to send it to @simon2 and get it properly sorted.  If you get it wrong and the new pin fails, you could have 2 grand's worth of watch smashing onto the pavement, or even lose the watch completely.  Not worth the risk IMHO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davey P said:

If you are in any doubt at all, my advice would be to send it to @simon2 and get it properly sorted.  If you get it wrong and the new pin fails, you could have 2 grand's worth of watch smashing onto the pavement, or even lose the watch completely.  Not worth the risk IMHO.

That is very sound advice. I'm usually ok taking links out, changing buckles, claps and the like, so was hoping just to be able to pick a pin up to DIY it.

But there is a certain peace of mind with it ending up in hands far more capable than mine.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stairpost said:

That is very sound advice. I'm usually ok taking links out, changing buckles, claps and the like, so was hoping just to be able to pick a pin up to DIY it.

But there is a certain peace of mind with it ending up in hands far more capable than mine.

You're welcome mate.  I keep telling everyone I'm not just a pretty face, but nobody seems to believe me....... :laughing2dw:

29 minutes ago, Davey P said:

You're welcome mate.  I keep telling everyone I'm not just a pretty face, but nobody seems to believe me....... :laughing2dw:

You do look like you have the sort of face that benefits from Ski wear, goggles and a balaclava would work wonders for you :) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stairpost said:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=372578127629

I've found the above for a fiver on Ebay. What do you think?

Make a pin? Am I being stupid or would a paperclip be a good place to start? Right shape and easy to cut.

Thanks

Rich.

A paperclip is not a good place to start unless you want to lose your watch off your wrist. As regards the generic pin, Omega bracelet pins of that era are held in place by friction the essential component of which is a small tube so just putting a pin into the hole is no guarantee it won't fall out. I think your bracelet reference is 1502-824 and you will see from the image how the pin and tube works:

omegapintube.jpg

41 minutes ago, stairpost said:

You do look like you have the sort of face that benefits from Ski wear, goggles and a balaclava would work wonders for you :) 

I think you might be onto something there - No wonder I like skiing so much :laughing2dw:

G0011772

:yahoo:

1 hour ago, JoT said:

A paperclip is not a good place to start unless you want to lose your watch off your wrist. As regards the generic pin, Omega bracelet pins of that era are held in place by friction the essential component of which is a small tube so just putting a pin into the hole is no guarantee it won't fall out. I think your bracelet reference is 1502-824 and you will see from the image how the pin and tube works:

omegapintube.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-Seamaster-Replacement-Generic-Bracelet-Pin-And-Sleeves-Set-18mm-Or-20mm/372578120914?hash=item56bf62f4d2:g:4bIAAOSwevlaP5NU&frcectupt=true

That's really helpful, thank you.

The pin & tube in the link seem ok, what do you think?

5 minutes ago, stairpost said:

No guarantee it is the right one of course, but for that price you could always try it and if it doesn't fit then take a trip to your nearest Omega retailer

1 minute ago, JoT said:

No guarantee it is the right one of course, but for that price you could always try it and if it doesn't fit then take a trip to your nearest Omega retailer

That's my thinking too, at the price it's worth trying. If it looks like I am going to make a complete hash of it I'll pop into a dealer.

Pin ordered and on the way. Hopefully it will all fit into place. 

Thanks to all for the help and advice.