• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
MIKE

Aren't Some Forums Miserable!!!

BTW I did have special Audio Note K1 valve amplifer made after discussion with the designer which had higher quality caps and resisters plus solid silver wiring through out

lol ,ive spent hours braiding cat5 cable for speaker wire and made my own pure silver interconnects ,in the end i ditched the boat rope and bought some silver anniversary, the pure silver interconnects need resoldering and i couldnt be arsed as the interconnects im using sound just asgood to me :D ,i agree with you ,some audiophiles go to silly extremes, i can honestly say tho that i thought my old marantz pm5300 sounded good till i bought a 'proper' stereo amp, the surround amp has been sold on and if i buy anymore hifi in the future i will stick with stereo.

I know what you mean about some forums. I will always remember the first time Jason posted on the "Big Hairy Man lycra- playmate" site (curious section). The poor guy was only trying to introduce himself and he was shot down in flames. Don't think he'll ever wear his 1973 Romanian female gymnast team outfit with confidence ever again :cry2:

P.s. (The only reason I knew about that foum is because I stumbled across it whilst looking for something else!) :lol:

Don't think he'll ever wear his 1973 Romanian female gymnast team outfit with confidence ever again :cry2:

I thought he reminded me of of a sports `person` :spruce_up::lol::lol:

P.s. (The only reason I knew about that foum is because I stumbled across it whilst looking for something else!) :lol:

yeah, right!! :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Edited by mach 0.0013137

I occasionally post on an Apogee Forum that's quite good. Rarely get into any drama there. It's mostly for and about Apogees, but a wide variety of topics get discussed including music and other equipment.

the bit about freezing cd's is apparently fact based tho you have to freeze to about -300f ,so popping them in the house freezer aint an option :D

http://www.stereophile.com/asweseeit/822/

the only thing that goes in my freezer for fast improvement is Chardonnay

Fair enough, trouble is I`ve heard so many bizzare Hi Fi `tweaks` over the years it is difficult to work out which are real and which are just cloud cookoo land :wacko:

BTW I did have special Audio Note K1 valve amplifer made after discussion with the designer which had higher quality caps and resisters plus solid silver wiring through out :P

It's terrible being an audiophile geek.

Over the years I've done the silver-soldering/bi-wiring/mains-conditioning/carbon-fibre-interconnecting/spikes-through-the-carpet-speaker-stands... etc, etc, etc.

I've finally found out what's really wrong with my audio system. My tweeters are suffering from bird flu. :lol:

the bit about freezing cd's is apparently fact based tho you have to freeze to about -300f ,so popping them in the house freezer aint an option :D

http://www.stereophile.com/asweseeit/822/

the only thing that goes in my freezer for fast improvement is Chardonnay

Fair enough, trouble is I`ve heard so many bizzare Hi Fi `tweaks` over the years it is difficult to work out which are real and which are just cloud cookoo land :wacko:

BTW I did have special Audio Note K1 valve amplifer made after discussion with the designer which had higher quality caps and resisters plus solid silver wiring through out :P

It's terrible being an audiophile geek.

Over the years I've done the silver-soldering/bi-wiring/mains-conditioning/carbon-fibre-interconnecting/spikes-through-the-carpet-speaker-stands... etc, etc, etc.

I've finally found out what's really wrong with my audio system. My tweeters are suffering from bird flu. :lol:

I`ve rewired speakers with solid silver cable, converted a pair of IMF TLS 80`s (anyone remember these? massive Transmission Line buggers, with a block of concrete in the base, took two men to carry them) to allow Tri-wiring, made my own solid silver interconnects, raised my (home made solid silver) speaker cables off the floor by feeding them through the circular holes in bricks, braided my own mains cables, sand filled some floor standers, made a sand box on which my bedroom system still sits* etc, etc, etc :ph34r::rolleyes:

Russ Andrews still keeps sending me a catologue every few months despite the fact I haven`t bought anything in years :P

*The sandbox actually works as you can jump up and down next to the system and the stylus dosen`t bounce across the record where before you had to tip-toe into the room :eek:

Collecting watches is so much easier :sweatdrop::lol::lol:

Edited by mach 0.0013137

Can I paint my egg box covered walls with oil based paint? :huh:

:lol::lol:

You`ll be alright as long as you don`t paint them multi-coloured Stan, remember colours absorb sound at different rates :P:rofl2:

Edited by mach 0.0013137

Can I paint my egg box covered walls with oil based paint? :huh:

:lol::lol:

You`ll be alright as long as you don`t paint them multi-coloured Stan, remember colours absorb sound at different rates :P:rofl2:

My sky is grey and my teeth are green, does that gel? :huh:

I'll put out the red carpet then. ;)

Does the colour of my watch make a difference?

I suspect a red Rekord makes the world sound a bit sweeter to your tweeter?

:lol:

I`ll have you know that since using the black marker the Vostok is now accurate to Atomic Clock Standards

and is capable of withstanding the Challeger Deep in the Mariana Trench at 10897m. :P

Off course I knew at the time that it was nothing to do with filling in the bezel dots to make it look pretty :D . You must think I'm stupid :blink::lol: .

The poor guy was only trying to introduce himself

I was told I looked cute :bb:

The person who shot me down was called 'Brown bagger McCamCottager'

I`ll have you know that since using the black marker the Vostok is now accurate to Atomic Clock Standards

and is capable of withstanding the Challeger Deep in the Mariana Trench at 10897m. :P

Off course I knew at the time that it was nothing to do with filling in the bezel dots to make it look pretty :D . You must think I'm stupid :blink::lol: .

No member of the RR Club could ever be called stupid :nono:

Weird maybe, :pilot:

But not stupid :slow_en::rofl2:

Edited by mach 0.0013137

That was almost a compliment Mac. :huh::lol::lol:

That was almost a compliment Mac. :huh::lol::lol:

You`re right Stan, that head pounding I recieved last week must have effected me more then I realised :wacko::lol::lol: