• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
WRENCH

Can this be serious?

It's a big claim to make :biggrin: presumably Constillation [sic] is a really rare model :laugh:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

Saw this in a shop window today. 

large.IMG_20190324_132756.jpg.49257d08a8513e346f94d77592fe9a39.jpg

That is probably the price if we leave the EU with no deal - then it will also show price of 250 euro. :scared:

• Haha 1

Wow, I looked at one of these before I got my 1967 Geneva and they were around a grand max? Unless they were solid gold then there were a couple a bit more than that. but even with one miss placed 0 that is ridiculous! 

If it was really serious I'd expect it to be in an auction and not sitting in a shop window.

Then again, Constellation Pie-Pans are so common, who really cares if this one happens to be a very early or even the first one with a cal.551 movement?  If it was the first or last ever Constellation off the production line that would make it a little more special perhaps. But not £87K special! :laugh:

Is there even a way to check if the movement is original to the watch?

13 minutes ago, rhaythorne said:

Then again, Constellation Pie-Pans are so common

Ah, but this is a Constillation, as @JonnyOldBoy correctly recognised, very, very rare. :thumbsup: 

• Haha 1

By way of consolation and to avoid concilliation following any communal conflagration, I confess that I considered the Constillation be nothing other than a common Constellation, although I could have been confused by a case of cranial constipation!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

that's got to be in London, there is now were else in this country a person walking past the shop would have that kinda money in the pocket or credit card !

deano

17 minutes ago, deano1956 said:

that's got to be in London, there is now were else in this country a person walking past the shop would have that kinda money in the pocket or credit card !

deano

North of the border sir .

Surely this is a case of a simple mistake by someone down the ranks , that not only misspelt Constellation but also got the noughts and the decimal point in the wrong place?  I’m guessing it should be £870.00 which is a bit more realistic :swoon: