• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jet Jetski

Decisions ..... 'original' or 'box and papers' refurbished ...

Looking at POLJOT 3133 pilot watches - I am stuck between a watch that looks original, and a watch that has much better lume (obviously redone, therefore - wrong colour) but it does have box and papers matching the serial number.

The 'box and papers' watch is more expensive, but less original.  I hate grotty lume anyway.  And I already have a re-dial Sturmanskie 'Gagarin', so I'm not dead against - hmmm, but what would you do?

• Like 1

I think that if you go to the trouble of a relume, obtaining papers might not be much of a stretch either.  Appreciate your offer to look at pics, but I think the sensible thing is to go for the cheaper one, as the probability of it being original is equally low, and it's a better job if it is make-over - I'm not buying it to sell, so what it's worth to someone else is irrelevant - I have that one space left in my 'Russian' watch box!  Maybe I'll hold out for an Okean, but they must be in season currently - Ebay is full of them right now lol

Be very wary of any watches coming out of Russia/Ukraine with "papers" (invariably a sheet of A4). 5 years ago hardly anything had papers - now they're all over the place. Make of that what you will!

Watches with the better lume often have fake dials so watch out for that too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lampoc said:

Watches with the better lume often have fake dials so watch out for that too.

I went for a hacking Sturmanskie chrono in the end, the lume is well dried, but hasn't dropped off yet lol.  I will post pics when it arrives - I am promised the date changes well, the hands reset to 0, and the 'stop-seconds' is working.