UK Watch Forum banner

Decisions ..... 'original' or 'box and papers' refurbished ...

748 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Jet Jetski 
#1 ·
Looking at POLJOT 3133 pilot watches - I am stuck between a watch that looks original, and a watch that has much better lume (obviously redone, therefore - wrong colour) but it does have box and papers matching the serial number.

The 'box and papers' watch is more expensive, but less original. I hate grotty lume anyway. And I already have a re-dial Sturmanskie 'Gagarin', so I'm not dead against - hmmm, but what would you do?

#3 ·
I think that if you go to the trouble of a relume, obtaining papers might not be much of a stretch either. Appreciate your offer to look at pics, but I think the sensible thing is to go for the cheaper one, as the probability of it being original is equally low, and it's a better job if it is make-over - I'm not buying it to sell, so what it's worth to someone else is irrelevant - I have that one space left in my 'Russian' watch box! Maybe I'll hold out for an Okean, but they must be in season currently - Ebay is full of them right now lol

#6 ·
Watches with the better lume often have fake dials so watch out for that too.
I went for a hacking Sturmanskie chrono in the end, the lume is well dried, but hasn't dropped off yet lol. I will post pics when it arrives - I am promised the date changes well, the hands reset to 0, and the 'stop-seconds' is working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.