• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
jsud2002

Citizen Promaster BN0191-55L

I came across this Citizen Promaster BN0191-55L eco drive last week on ebay , it was advertised as a non runner but I was not particularly worried as I had noticed in a couple of the ebay photos the secondhand was in different positions so at least the movement was not completely dead .  

I won the auction and it arrived Saturday straight into the sun it went hoping that after enough time it would kick back into life and it did :)

Strap fitted and onto the wrist it went ... An hour or so later I realised the time was wrong and the secondhand was jumping by 2 seconds indicating the capacitor requires a charge . I had read that this Promaster uses the E168 movement and takes a 295-51 (MT621) capacitor , I decided to pop open the back just to confirm this and received a shock 

20190324-120610.jpg

The previous owner had replaced the MT621 capacitor for a LR621 battery :jawdrop1:

I ordered a replacement capacitor from CousinsUK and that arrived today , I fitted it and all is running as it should . I am really happy with this purchase :) 

Some quick specs , 200m Water resistance , mineral glass , E168 Citizen movement , 22mm Lug width . 

IMG-20190326-125231.jpg

IMG-20190326-125238.jpg

IMG-20190326-125255.jpg

IMG-20190326-124542.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, jsud2002 said:

The previous owner had replaced the MT621 capacitor for a LR621 battery

I have a vague feeling that I have seen this touted on t'internet as a "fix". This says more about the faith we should ascribe to anything we read on the internet than anything else.

Well done @jsud2002, what and absolute steal for a fantastic watch. Im such a huge fan of the citizens.

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 20:36, Boots said:

I have a vague feeling that I have seen this touted on t'internet as a "fix". This says more about the faith we should ascribe to anything we read on the internet than anything else.

Im just curious @jsud2002, as how they would be able to change a capacitor for a battery?