• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Hillbilly

Tissot T Touch Problems

Have had this piece of junk for 18months and it has been back to get repaired 3 times as if I set my alarm or use any touch functions it doesnt always return to the correct time.

It has been as much as 12 minutes out.

To me this renders the watch useless as its only purpose is to tell the time correctly.

At least thats what I bought it for. It is at present at the agents as I have returned it AGAIN and this time demanded a refund.

Has anyone else had similar problems and if so what got done about it.

The jeweller who I bought it off said that they know of a lot being returned for the same problem.

Some thoughts please

my bro in law has one and i think its been fine, its battered and brusied as he wears it on building sites etc... I think the touch screen isnt now at its best but i hear no complaints... sorry to hear yours has been a tale of woe...

Get rid of it

They are too gimmicky, too complicated and fidly, and the batteries don't last long enough.

Stick to a straight forward no nonsense reliable watch.

This one is fine as long as you dont use the tactiles, but as I do a different shift every week I have to change the alarm time and thats when the trouble starts. Am looking at buying a Seiko SNJ005

Any thoughts on that??? Want one with both analogue and digital time on it. Looked at the Navigator but see in the manual that it needs synching as well.

But you like David Cameron as well!!! :o:lol::lol:

Mind you, he'd be well suited to one with all his flip flopping so a flip flopping display watch would be ideal :P:lol:

:blink: fantacising again..

Mods...do we HAVE to suffer politics here?? :D

The T Touch is a fine watch that has given no problems...more that can be said of the crappy speerdmaster that I had

Edited by Roger

well it is griff, what do you do with him? :lol: (answers on a postcard please) :D

Banishment to Bell Rock maybe :P

IPB Image

Only joking, fine man our Griff :D

The problem has been fixed. Jeweller rang up today and I now have a Seiko SNJ005P1 as a free replacement.

Not a bad deal as I paid $795 AU for the Tissot and the Seiko has a RRP of $995 so I'm happy.

I realise they are $400 in Hong Kong but I'd spent the money anyway and they did it before the agents assesment of the Tissot. Pays to speak up I guess.

Shame as I had a Tissot Tuning fork watch from the 70's that went for 28 years and kept perfect time. It stopped one day and when we put a battery in it went flat overnight. Jeweller said it would cost more than its worth to fix if he could find someone who new how.

Damned shame I liked that watch.

A good result I would say :)

Those tuning fork Tissots are very nice watches, our resident hummer expert 'Silver Oxide Hawk' has a couple, I had a Omega F300 with the same movement, that was bust as well :(

Like your watchmakers said, nearly impossible to fix as there are no spares available :(

well it is griff, what do you do with him? :lol: (answers on a postcard please) :D

Banishment to Bell Rock maybe :P

IPB Image

Only joking, fine man our Griff :D

Banish me there with Helen Hunt and that would be fine!!! :)

Eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm..................................NO!!

Edited by Griff

I'd banish you there with JoT! :D

Eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm..................................NO!!

Go on Griff, you know you want to :hug::lol::lol:

Eeeeeeeeeerrrrrrmmmmmmm.........VERY definitely..........NO!!!!!

Edited by Griff

My T Touch lasted all of 30 months. Died within the first 12 months, and then again at 30 months. Service center is quoting $212 for repairs. This I consider obscene. Would have expected a better life expectancy from a quality product. Disappointing to say the least. DON'T BUY A T TOUCH

Peter

Have had this piece of junk for 18months and it has been back to get repaired 3 times as if I set my alarm or use any touch functions it doesnt always return to the correct time.

It has been as much as 12 minutes out.

To me this renders the watch useless as its only purpose is to tell the time correctly.

At least thats what I bought it for. It is at present at the agents as I have returned it AGAIN and this time demanded a refund.

Has anyone else had similar problems and if so what got done about it.

The jeweller who I bought it off said that they know of a lot being returned for the same problem.

Some thoughts please

Bought one(Navigator) but only had it for a short while before moving it on. No problems while I had it. Maybe a lucky boy ;)

Alasdair

If you have problems with the Tissot T-Touch range of watches I can recommend contacting the Swatch Group in Switzerland.

If you clearly state that the reasons for your dissatisfaction, they may be able to offer a range of alternatives surrounding their T-Touch Exchange. This has been my experience anyway.

I have dealt with Francois Thiebaud <Francois.Thiebaud@tissot.ch> and Francois Bregnard <francois.bregnard@tissot.ch> of Customer Service in Switzerland.

I have had mine for 2 years no problems what so ever same battery and it gets some abuse used most days, but ive only used the alarm 2 or 3 times.

I will not be getting rid of mine unless someone wants to swap an oyster.