• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Karrusel

MARC & SONS 'MARINE'

Having seen Jon's @PC-Magician new arrival last week & after having a brief chat with him...decided to acquire one for myself. :biggrin:

Specifications:

Brushed 316 L stainless steel with polished bezel.

Anti-reflective sapphire crystal.

Automatic Miyota 9015 (my first), 24 jewel, hacking, 42 hour PR, WR 5 atm.

Enamelled dial, numerals & outer railroad track.

Blued hands.

Brown leather strap with signed butterfly buckle. 

Dimensions:

Width 40mm, lug - lug 48mm, height 10.8mm, 20mm lug width, weight 77g.

2 year warranty.

A few pics...

ZXxBrHP.jpg

NALjizg.jpg

5SeQGzO.jpg

h2QnGGy.jpg

The supplied leather band was also to shiny for my liking...

L5FSVVF.jpg

So on with a spare CW Cordovan leather Bader deployment strap...

tOCuw51.jpg

yJHx77q.jpg

osQdHt9.jpg

Initial impressions are very good, dial & hand finishing (viewed through a loupe) is excellent, IMHO.  It sets & winds smoothly, & the rotor is quiet.

Although it's been with me for a couple of day's I've not had time to monitor performance, only had time to set & take pics today.

Managed to acquire an additional 10% reduction over what Jon paid (I'm a retiree :tongue:), so for £170 (delivered) I am delighted!

:thumbsup:

Edited by Karrusel
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Very nice Alan :thumbs_up: 

I recently bought the undated version, I`m waiting for a non-leather strap to arrive (hopefully today) so I can change the bit of dead animal the watch came with 1424214492_(29).gif.0682714af96b7e9de11e2092a500911d.gif :tongue:

EDIT - I had a senior moment just then, I meant to say that I was going to buy the undated version but they seemed to be out of stock so I bought another brand`s model instead, now where is that postie with my strap?:huh: 

• Haha 1

They do look nice and very good value :trophy:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

Very nice Alan :thumbs_up: 

I was going to buy the undated version but they seemed to be out of stock so I bought another brand`s model instead, now where is that postie with my strap?:huh: 

Thanks Mack

I too was looking for a no-date version, which I believe is a US import model only.

1 hour ago, MrF-UK82 said:

Lovely piece for a great price.

Just curious where you bought it from?

Thanks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marc-Sons-Marine-Automatic-Mens-Watch-White-Leather-Band-Date-Miyota-9015/382116737842?epid=941839905&hash=item58f7eeb332:g:c6wAAOSwq~tZN6IO

• Thanks 1

That is a handsome looking watch. I do like the blues hands. (And the price). :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Karrusel said:

Only slightly alarming that these are “frequently bought together” with a winder repair tool :hmmm9uh:

Seriously though, fine watch. Quite “dornblüthesque” (which is a compliment).

Edited by yokel
  • Thanks 1

That's very nice,Alan . One of the reasons I've withdrawn the valiant the marine looks very similar so I would probably have sold the Hamilton to be replaced by the marine now I've seen it.

Enjoy:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 30/03/2019 at 12:20, Karrusel said:

Having seen Jon's @PC-Magician new arrival last week & after having a brief chat with him...decided to acquire one for myself. :biggrin:

Specifications:

Brushed 316 L stainless steel with polished bezel.

Anti-reflective sapphire crystal.

Automatic Miyota 9015 (my first), 24 jewel, hacking, 42 hour PR, WR 5 atm.

Enamelled dial, numerals & outer railroad track.

Blued hands.

Brown leather strap with signed butterfly buckle. 

Dimensions:

Width 40mm, lug - lug 48mm, height 10.8mm, 20mm lug width, weight 77g.

2 year warranty.

A few pics...

ZXxBrHP.jpg

NALjizg.jpg

5SeQGzO.jpg

h2QnGGy.jpg

The supplied leather band was also to shiny for my liking...

L5FSVVF.jpg

So on with a spare CW Cordovan leather Bader deployment strap...

tOCuw51.jpg

yJHx77q.jpg

osQdHt9.jpg

Initial impressions are very good, dial & hand finishing (viewed through a loupe) is excellent, IMHO.  It sets & winds smoothly, & the rotor is quiet.

Although it's been with me for a couple of day's I've not had time to monitor performance, only had time to set & take pics today.

Managed to acquire an additional 10% reduction over what Jon paid (I'm a retiree :tongue:), so for £170 (delivered) I am delighted!

I’ve totally fallen for this style of watch, I have been saving funds for the Stowa but have decided I’m having one of these. May I enquire where you purchased it from.

39 minutes ago, Laughing gravy said:

I’ve totally fallen for this style of watch, I have been saving funds for the Stowa but have decided I’m having one of these. May I enquire where you purchased it from.

Look above and you will find details.:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Karrusel said:

@Laughing gravy

As Jon indicated...

I found this 

https://www.chronopolis.co.uk/collections/marc-sons/products/marc-sons-marine-automatic-watch-date-white-dial-msm-006

which seemed a good price but after contacting the retailer it doesnt have the "made in germany" on the face.  I think that adds to the watch and so have not pulled the trigger......

A lovely looking time piece indeed! Are the hands enameled or are the heat blued? They look like enamel or similar. WIH

7 hours ago, no8yogi said:

A lovely looking time piece indeed! Are the hands enameled or are the heat blued? They look like enamel or similar. WIH

Thanks!

The hands are not enamelled, heat blued ?, I’m unsure TBH.

Certainly doesn't have the flat consistent hue that chemical/galvanic treatments leave.  Traditional (flame) bluing of hands alone would cost (today) about as much as this timepiece cost.

Whichever process was adopted, again IMO, has been well executed in this example!

Hav to admit I was impressed when I handled one @PC-Magician that was on aftermarket mesh.

arrived this morning ,and after wearing quartz for a week it’s a delight to see a sweeping seconds hand.

photos very similar to @Karrusel but still

sadly mine lost its “made in Germany” somewhere in transit!!!

large.E551C3E6-B142-4A70-8813-ACE6268FCE91.jpeg.3444c784abe359adb877b996875b3ed4.jpeglarge.7EAB8129-E375-4BFB-B716-0A1E60FD8241.jpeg.ab9c1447d6e26e76402bdf8b49c1fdd7.jpeglarge.B6A15027-3F3C-4690-9F55-7CE332557341.jpeg.41483433ae6857fb4c9d0a98c98b17ff.jpeg

Edited by bridgeman
  • Like 2

I've also been looking for a 'marine chronometer' for a while now. If they made a version with a hand-wind Unitas and a small-seconds register, I'd find that really hard to resist. As it is, I'm still aiming for the obvious Stowa...

• Like 1

Very nice watch, just wish there was more going on with the dial for me, but still, I know it's your style so excellent acquisition. $200 for anything with a 9015 is awesome.