• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Oh dear

andyclient

I don't know if it helps, but the recommended method of drying out mobile phones that have suffered a similar fate is to put them in a jar of rice for a few days, which is supposed to draw out the water.  Not sure if it works, but might be worth a try anyway.  Good luck with it mate.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the advice and sympathy truly appreciated , its been in the airing cupboard movement out (within a couple of hours of it happening) and in a covered parts tray and at present is working and keeping time so hopefully fingers and toes crossed we might of got away with it but any sign of a problem and it will be sent away along with the wife :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

oh dear, gutting, drying out may only be half the battle, however at least you were able to take action and have the facilities/ ability to dismantle and remove the movement, I would have been running round like a headless chicken trying to find someone to sort it for me asap!

hope for a good recovery:thumbsup:

deano

• Thanks 1

sounds good, if it was well maintained to start with and well lubricated, it may well have managed to retain some of that in the tiny gears despite the moisture. I think i'd get it serviced again to keep corrosion at bay rather than just sealing it back up even if it is running right. The lube that was there probably had enough to deal with...had it been dry of lubrication, I expect it would have been done for as soon as the moisture and oxygen contaminated the tiny gears. See servicing. It works. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, andyclient said:

Thanks guys for the advice and sympathy truly appreciated , its been in the airing cupboard movement out (within a couple of hours of it happening) and in a covered parts tray and at present is working and keeping time so hopefully fingers and toes crossed we might of got away with it but any sign of a problem and it will be sent away along with the wife :biggrin:

Might be an idea to send it to Simon for a spot of oiling!