Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Starkindustries17

Citizen

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Starkindustries17 said:

I'm very seriously considering buying a Citizen Proximity with smart  phone linkup. What are peoples thoughts? :) 

Haven't heard anything bad about them, they are quite pricey though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rotundus said:

still can understand why anyone needs their watch to tell them that their phone is ringing …  :whistling:

I can sort of see the worth in it. 

If any of the boys pull a phone out of their pocket during working hours I am supposed to give them a hard time. 

:huh:

For that reason a few smart watches worn at work but some of them are bigger and fitter than me and they generally ignore me and spend most of their shift trying to catch me on my phone. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

 

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

39 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

If any of the boys pull a phone out of their pocket during working hours I am supposed to give them a hard time. 

 some of our operators wear smatches (see what I did there) for the same reason - but they get 3 breaks a day and mostly need weening from their phones anyway :nono: which fails to explain why we have rigged a charging station for generic android, apple (may they burn in hell) and levono phones hidden in plain view on my desk :rolleyes: all managers are onanists of the highest order and should go the way of apple watches. 

back on topic - has anyone come up with a valid reason for connecting watches to phones other than extracting money from the masses ???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Rotundus said:

 

 some of our operators wear smatches (see what I did there) for the same reason - but they get 3 breaks a day and mostly need weening from their phones anyway :nono: which fails to explain why we have rigged a charging station for generic android, apple (may they burn in hell) and levono phones hidden in plain view on my desk :rolleyes: all managers are onanists of the highest order and should go the way of apple watches. 

back on topic - has anyone come up with a valid reason for connecting watches to phones other than extracting money from the masses ???

 

Three breaks a day and free phone charge ups !!! 

I can start on Monday

Where I work the owner fired his own son in law. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

 

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 06:15, BondandBigM said:

Three breaks a day and free phone charge ups !!! 

I can start on Monday

Where I work the owner fired his own son in law. 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

 

@BondandBigM @Rotundus @JoT, I have an apple watch which is really great for the smart watch features, but the citizen proximity is a much more dressier watch. It doesn't have full functionally like the apple watch like being able to talk through the watch, but it does indicate if you have new mail/msg and if you have a missed call. Its a really smart looking time piece for under $900. :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/04/2019 at 09:23, Starkindustries17 said:

I'm very seriously considering buying a Citizen Proximity with smart  phone linkup. What are peoples thoughts? :) 

I would run a mile from another Proximity.

I bought one of the first generation black and green models last year second hand, downloaded all the App nonsense to my Android phone and it still wouldn't work.
A lot of digging showed that the Proximity tech has a limited shelf life - the model I bought was compatible ONLY with the i-Phone 4 and 4S. Nothing else.  If it was a dedicated Smart-Watch like a Samsung Gear or something then I wouldn't be bothered, but as a watch fan I don't really expect my tech to have such a limited shelf life.

Of course the watch worked perfectly well as "just a watch", but it seems silly to have one that can't make full use of its functions.

They may well have sorted that now, but I would be very careful to check compatibility before purchase.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, kevkojak said:

I would run a mile from another Proximity.

I bought one of the first generation black and green models last year second hand, downloaded all the App nonsense to my Android phone and it still wouldn't work.
A lot of digging showed that the Proximity tech has a limited shelf life - the model I bought was compatible ONLY with the i-Phone 4 and 4S. Nothing else.  If it was a dedicated Smart-Watch like a Samsung Gear or something then I wouldn't be bothered, but as a watch fan I don't really expect my tech to have such a limited shelf life.

Of course the watch worked perfectly well as "just a watch", but it seems silly to have one that can't make full use of its functions.

They may well have sorted that now, but I would be very careful to check compatibility before purchase.

I would defiantly do my homework before purchasing a $900 watch @kevkojak, No way would I go into it blind. I think you may be right, about Citizen fixing the connectivity issue. I have a feeling however, that when you purchased yours, it was already damaged being second hand. If I'm going to spend that amount of money on a watch, I would defiantly not buy a second hand one. That's just me though. Thanks for your post, you have given me something to think about before I make my decision. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...