• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jet Jetski

D'you know what makes me really angry? & what gets your goat?

my dad said "Do you know what makes me really angry?", and I replied 'Pretty much everything.'! 

But what makes me angry are chronographs with a tachymeter scale around the bezel, but running centre seconds, whilst the timing seconds are on a sub-dial!  Some really nice watches with the Seiko VR32 (https://www.swissforniture.it/en/serie-vr/3188-movimento-shiojiriseiko-vd57.html), apart from the obvious incongruity!  THAT makes it a 'fashion watch', bleugh!  Form and function guys, form and function!

e.g. 1513625.jpg

http://www1.epson.com.hk/wmfiles/Spec-Sheet/vr32a.pdf

Aaaargh ...

I need my Ovaltine.

Your turn ...

Edited by Jet Jetski
oops
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

my dad said "Do you know what makes me really angry?", and I replied 'Pretty much everything.'! 

But what makes me angry are chronographs with a tachymeter scale around the bezel, but running centre seconds, whilst the timing seconds are on a sub-dial!  Some really nice watches with the Seiko VR32 (https://www.swissforniture.it/en/serie-vr/3188-movimento-shiojiriseiko-vd57.html), apart from the obvious incongruity!  THAT makes it a 'fashion watch', bleugh!  Form and function guys, form and function!

e.g. 1513625.jpg

Aaaargh ...

I need my Ovaltine.

Your turn ...

You need one of these....it was good enough for Col. William Pogue when he used it to time the engine burns on the Skylab 4 mission instead of the official Nasa issued Omega....:whistle:

Seiko 6139-6002 'Pepsi/Pogue'

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

You need one of these...

And I like space watches, and I know someone who has one to sell ....

But I don't need any more watches :(

:taz:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jet Jetski said:

And I like space watches, and I know someone who has one to sell ....

But I don't need any more watches :(

:taz:

There's always room for just one more......:naughty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

You need a,

Funny you should say that - I have just ordered a nice big 'super-luminova' 16mm minute hand that I can broach to fit the hour position in order to turn this into a Luch homage (because this made me angry too)!

56232136_128854951519084_750081043711865

1 minute ago, Roger the Dodger said:

There's always room for just one more.....

Well I have just given my citizen royal marine 300m titanium diver to a chap whose circs had led him to wear a 'beat-up old watch'.  So I do have a space.  I almost filled it - I even had this in the old shopping cart ...

mens-brycen-chronograph-leather-black-di

Unfortunately, I remembered just in time that one of these is on the way to replace it ...

zeno_watch_mens_watch_airplane_diver_aut

perhaps there's room for two more ?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 06/04/2019 at 22:39, Jet Jetski said:

e.g. 1513625.jpg

Aaaargh ...

I need my Ovaltine.

Your turn ...

I'm totally with You on that one. I decided only to invest in divers automatic watches as I think they look the best. But this is only my personal opinion. 

• Like 1

I personally like the Tachymeter even though a I've no use for it. 

h9eHUx6.jpg

I do dislike the cyclops eye at the calendar day/date.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, barrywatch said:

Hi

What is the point of a tachymetre and who ever uses it to measure speed.

Barry

Yeah, this. I like the look of a Tachy around the Bessel or chapter ring, but I find it absolutely pointless. Would never use it at all. I don't even understand how to, so what you're ranting about flies right over my head, like the pilot in his jet trying to figure out how to use his Chrono Tachy watch...

• Like 1

On 06/04/2019 at 22:39, Jet Jetski said:

e.g. 1513625.jpg

Aaaargh ...

I need my Ovaltine.

Your turn ...

For my money,if it’s Seiko inside I would prefer Seiko outside to match.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, barrywatch said:

What is the point of a tachymetre and who ever uses it to measure speed.

They needed one to get to the moon, apparently, so you never know when it might come in handy.

What gets my goat? Do you really need to ask?  Surely every TWF member & his/her dog/cat/hamster/goldfish etc knows the answer to that question by now :rolleyes:

Ok, I`ll give you a clue -  it`s a certain crown guard on an otherwise excellent Japanese Divers watch that, imo, is totally fugly for no good reason 1116413103_(29).gif.560dbaca02ea61d8dce907a257d3c5f0.gif 914590303_(45).gif.45c2f2d2758204e7fdb6ab826a3162dc.gif

Have a nice Day :biggrin:

• Haha 2

I’ve got a Boss watch similar to that but these days without my pound shop glasses I can’t see it but it does go nicely with my Boss cap.

Or so Big M says anyway 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

Maybe I should go to a proper optician

:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

op does not make sense. Mathematically no sense at all? eg

in fact non-sense

https://watchesbysjx.com/2017/10/hands-on-with-paul-newmans-very-own-paul-newman-daytona.html

On 06/04/2019 at 23:01, Roger the Dodger said:

You need one of these....it was good enough for Col. William Pogue when he used it to time the engine burns on the Skylab 4 mission instead of the official Nasa issued Omega....:whistle:

Seiko 6139-6002 'Pepsi/Pogue'

no rog the allegation is meaningless 

1 hour ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

What gets my goat? Do you really need to ask?  Surely every TWF member & his/her dog/cat/hamster/goldfish etc knows the answer to that question by now :rolleyes:

Ok, I`ll give you a clue -  it`s a certain crown guard on an otherwise excellent Japanese Divers watch that, imo, is totally fugly for no good reason 1116413103_(29).gif.560dbaca02ea61d8dce907a257d3c5f0.gif 914590303_(45).gif.45c2f2d2758204e7fdb6ab826a3162dc.gif

Have a nice Day :biggrin:

again silly 

17 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

I’ve got a Boss watch similar to that but these days without my pound shop glasses I can’t see it but it does go nicely with my Boss cap.

Or so Big M says anyway 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

Maybe I should go to a proper optician

:biggrin:

good defence. 

On 20/04/2019 at 14:54, The Mystery Bidder said:

I personally like the Tachymeter even though a I've no use for it. 

h9eHUx6.jpg

I do dislike the cyclops eye at the calendar day/date.  

so did Paul Newman...just the same for racing. 

Image result for paul newman

On 20/04/2019 at 15:32, Bonzodog said:

For my money,if it’s Seiko inside I would prefer Seiko outside to match.

agreed. 

On 20/04/2019 at 15:19, JayDeep said:

Yeah, this. I like the look of a Tachy around the Bessel or chapter ring, but I find it absolutely pointless. Would never use it at all. I don't even understand how to, so what you're ranting about flies right over my head, like the pilot in his jet trying to figure out how to use his Chrono Tachy watch...

Image result for loan ranger

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

op does not make sense

Oh please, you wouldn't know sense if it walked up to you in the street, pressed it's business card in your palm, and invited you to take a free subscription to a 15 volume set of 'How To Think and Write and Speak Correctly' by Captain 'Sensible' McNous, champion salesman of Clark's no-nonsense Velcro fastening shoe range. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

Oh please, you wouldn't know sense if it walked up to you in the street, pressed it's business card in your palm, and invited you to take a free subscription to a 15 volume set of 'How To Think and Write and Speak Correctly' by Captain 'Sensible' McNous, champion salesman of Clark's no-nonsense Velcro fastening shoe range. :biggrin:

thanks matey. 

so how does the pn daytona work then?

28 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

no rog the allegation is meaningless.

Already history, Nige...not even you can alter the accepted and proven facts.

I rest my case, M'Lud...:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Got some shirts down the market.

1Del-Boy.jpg

On 20/04/2019 at 14:54, The Mystery Bidder said:

h9eHUx6.jpg

a01a8c19b3c045d0a6b07a03951eee42.jpg

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Already history, Nige...not even you can alter the accepted and proven facts.

I rest my case, M'Lud...:thumbsup:

ok as a forum we reject the thinking behind the pn daytona and subsequent rolex and tudor chronos, etc etc etc. Im on your side. 

and rog....the 7t32. 

:rolleyes:

etc etc etc. It isnt me who needs convincing, speak to them. 

11 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Got some shirts down the market.

1Del-Boy.jpg

a01a8c19b3c045d0a6b07a03951eee42.jpg

i see what you mean wrench.

btw we have proven nothing

which for the forum as a whole commercially is a good job. 

Edited by Nigelp
missed n

5 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

btw we have prove nothing

Was there anything to prove ?

Best not too. Bad form. Hush hush. Get my drift. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCqHHb2OURdSDCKJDa_O_

• Haha 1

Just now, WRENCH said:

Was there anything to prove ?

Best not too. Bad form. Hush hush. Get my drift. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCqHHb2OURdSDCKJDa_O_

exactly 

non-sense. 

where is @jonny old old boy the mathematician when you need expert advice?