• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Moon pictures

Cassie-O

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

My puny efforts pale in to insignificance with the fab images already posted i'm afraid! :blush:

7LPmgYr.jpg zaemaem.jpg?1

This was my setup for the moon pics, The camera is a lowly Nikon D-40, The 500mm lens is a 42mm thread so I bought an adaptor and can't use it on auto mode as a result, There's a 2x multiplier fitted in the pic, Pretty sure I didn't have it fitted for the moonshots..

XoHA5MF.jpg

I tried shooting up our road at the houses at the top of the street, First with the stock 18-55mm DX lens then with the old long un..

yWSBJkl.jpg 

jz18S2e.jpg

I bought an Orion 8" reflector to have a go at astrophotography, The bought the adaptors but never got around to actually having a go!, It's languishing in the loft now :(

TduS573.jpg

I have to say that as i've aged, My eyesight is worsening, I really struggle to focus the camera manually and have to take loads of shots whilst gradually turning the focus ring, It's hit and miss and don't always get the money shot! :sadwalk:

John :thumbsup:

Edited by johnbaz
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...