• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
stdape

Denco Pocket Watch movement Calibre?

Can anyone help identifying the Calibre of this Denco Movement

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yiqbie5bma0j1b/DSCN0532.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhakwwsu6j5ik2u/DSCN0530.JPG?dl=0

As you may know, your pocket watch was a product of the Dennison company and used the name "Denco"as an "own brand" mark on pocket and wristwatches. The brand name was registered in 1915 and your movement would seem to date your watch to the 1920s. I am not sure of the caliber of the movement and I notice that sellers of Denco pocket watches, from the 1930s at least, seem to steer clear of trying to identify the calibers used in the watches. In your case though, I feel that a knowledgable member might know what the movement is. Good luck...:)

They might just use the size of the movement in "ligne" to identify it, measure the movement and look up to see if anything corresponds............

It is of very high quality!! It looks like the balance has been removed and refitted without putting the hairspring under the centre wheel first, as can be seen the hairspring is stuck at an angle and it could cause damage to it if left for a long period of time..............

Never noticed that is a picture as purchased. It is a good quality movement, solid, but the nightmare broken balance shaft is reason for asking if anyone knows the Calibre. I will take balance out and adjust the spring. Thanks for replies.

i did know it was to do with Dennison, and from what i make out, they did not make for long.