• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
spinynorman

Is this a lost cause?

It's a Pulsar 7T62, which appeals in a quirky kind of way. Problem is, the hour and minute hands are out of alignment, the alarm hands don't sync with the main hands as they should and the date wheel, while it turns with the crown, doesn't move over after midnight. Can it be saved?

DSC_9154_s

Edited by spinynorman

I'd suspect that the hands became misaligned when the battery was last changed.  This is quite common on analogue quartz chronographs.  The manual details a procedure to re-align the hands: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1049984/Pulsar-7t62.html#manual   

Edited by rhaythorne

On 19/04/2019 at 05:17, rhaythorne said:

I'd suspect that the hands became misaligned when the battery was last changed.  This is quite common on analogue quartz chronographs.  The manual details a procedure to re-align the hands: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1049984/Pulsar-7t62.html#manual   

In the manual I can only see a process to align the stopwatch hands, but they aren't the problem. It's the main hour and minute hands. The picture below is set at 12 o'clock and the hour hand is not under the minute hand. Also, I set the date on the 18th and this photo was taken on the 20th, but the date hasn't changed.

DSC_9220

2 hours ago, spinynorman said:

In the manual I can only see a process to align the stopwatch hands, but they aren't the problem. It's the main hour and minute hands. The picture below is set at 12 o'clock and the hour hand is not under the minute hand. Also, I set the date on the 18th and this photo was taken on the 20th, but the date hasn't changed.

DSC_9220

how could a watch or watch parts become magnatized by changing the battery?      vin

3 hours ago, stdape said:

found this

http://www.fixya.com/support/t3786980-timer_pulsar_watch_not_line_up_12_when

not sure if u seen or it will work but good luck 

Thanks, but that's the same as the manual. It resets the stopwatch hands (red). My problem is with the minute and hour hands (white).

1 hour ago, vinn said:

how could a watch or watch parts become magnatized by changing the battery?      vin

Yes, seems unlikely. Especially as most of it, except the case, seems to be plastic.