• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
m111kan

Tissot Experts Please

I picked up this Seastar in an antiques place yesterday for £39. But the more I look at it the more I worry it's fake. I cant find a serial no (but i think I've read they stopped SNs at some stage? & i dont know what timescale this one could have been produced). Can anyone shed some light for me?

Tia

https://oi171.photobucket.com/albums/u319/al7288/20190418_105048_zpsjoqsgqls.jpg

https://oi171.photobucket.com/albums/u319/al7288/20190418_105510_zpsvkxl84fe.jpg

1 hour ago, scottswatches said:

Sorry, but that doesn't look right to me.  It isn't a Tissot movement.

No problem. Bin kind of expecting that

• Like 1

'Tis a frankenwatch! 

Looks like the correct dial but the movement is a cheapo, like Scott said it didn't come from the Tissot factory - the name has been put on with a Dremmel and stencil kit from the look of it. 

In my opinion the dial is fake also. 'TISSOT' lettering does not look right and it could be just the angle the watch is in in the picture but the date in the window is not centered and the 12 hr marker is not centered.