• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Bcasecollector

~WRUW~ Sat Apr 20,2019

ALPHA, cal.ST-16(?), 21 Jewels, & OMEGA Railmaster,CO-AXIAL CHRONOMETER, cal.2403 27 Jewels.

419839052_ALPHAcal.ST-16()21Jewels.OMEGARailmasterCO-AXIALCHRONOMETERcal.240327Jewels..gif.359844a6fbc0466093220e4803651dba.gif

As Wrench & Bcasecollecter  have posted some rather nice scenic photos I thought I`d add one I took some time back of Loch Tay...

Loch-Tay-DSC_0142.thumb.gif.7cc19e24f9f8a557db905252cd9646b6.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Nigelp said:

. a01a8c19b3c045d0a6b07a03951eee42.jpg

Not got out of your pyjamas yet ?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, greasemonk said:

hi all.not been about much on the forum lately due to having complete right hip replacement surgery .to cut the story short i had the first op but the new hip broke 8 days later.i then had remedial surgery which entailed complete removal of the "old"new joint and it being replaced by a highly qualified orthapedic surgeon with a special supertough joint.enough of that,heres a pic of my favorite "homebuilt"watch,have a good easter everybody.....XokyBPJ.jpg..

Strewth you have had a rough time,hope all is well now.

• Like 1

The new in 7t32. Probably be this for a while. Very pleased. a6b3673654f83429a92f1afc05576dbc.jpg95d017099c83bf3cb81e47f4fefc12b2.jpg1b5bef982cfdecd453eda0e6654bc31d.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

• Like 10

Over now to another Alpha plus one...

ALPHA, cal.ST-16, 21 Jewels-1

1186067155_Alphacal.ST-1621Jewels.gif.be0d458a9801f5c8b9cdb2324dbb3fbb.gif

ROLEX SUBMARINER 14060, cal.3000, 27 Jewels, 1997

Rolex-Submariner-14060-cal-3.gif.08c133b9164c5eb9299c8909b1a60d8e.gif

• Like 12

4 hours ago, WRENCH said:

River Earn, heading for Crieff.

Don't blame you. Glenturret distillery, nice :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Not got out of your pyjamas yet ?

pyjamas:(

A bit of CW going down , haters to the left of me haters to the right here I am stuck in the middle with you .
a757e4d018be847824d5c394582c843b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 10

29 minutes ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

Over now to another Alpha plus one...

ALPHA, cal.ST-16, 21 Jewels-1

1186067155_Alphacal.ST-1621Jewels.gif.be0d458a9801f5c8b9cdb2324dbb3fbb.gif

ROLEX SUBMARINER 14060, cal.3000, 27 Jewels, 1997

Rolex-Submariner-14060-cal-3.gif.08c133b9164c5eb9299c8909b1a60d8e.gif

twins again eh?

Related image

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, greasemonk said:

hi all.not been about much on the forum lately due to having complete right hip replacement surgery .to cut the story short i had the first op but the new hip broke 8 days later.i then had remedial surgery which entailed complete removal of the "old"new joint and it being replaced by a highly qualified orthapedic surgeon with a special supertough joint.enough of that,heres a pic of my favorite "homebuilt"watch,have a good easter everybody.....XokyBPJ.jpg..

blimey, is that because you had pre-existing complications which could not be or, were not foreseen, requiring the 'supertough' joint? Sounds like you should ask the hospital to comment if it was a problem with the first hip, or its use in your case. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, scottswatches said:

My kinda Easter cross

DSC_0228

I've just noticed this watch has a sigma dial - the two Greek letters σ either side of the word Swiss.  Have a look at the Hodinkee article here to see what this symbolises

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/what-is-a-sigma-dial

The weird thing is I bought a watch yesterday with a Sigma dial, and thought it was the first one I had owned!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

I've just noticed this watch has a sigma dial - the two Greek letters σ either side of the word Swiss.  Have a look at the Hodinkee article here to see what this symbolises

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/what-is-a-sigma-dial

The weird thing is I bought a watch yesterday with a Sigma dial, and thought it was the first one I had owned!

I can't make head nor tail of that article scott, it doesnt seem to reach any conclusion as to what these mean, and i usually like hodinkee for their vids at least. It just seems to leave open the suggestion that the watch contains precious metal? To me it just suggests 18ct gold? Am i missing something? I can see where they are coming from, but i think they are wrong identifying it as for the purpose of the owner, surely it would be for the purpose of a watch repairer? Advising them of the soft nature of the metals and their value? You woul not want to prise the back of that with a rusty screw driver out the back of an old BMW. :speak-no-evil-monkey:

1 minute ago, Nigelp said:

I can't make head nor tail of that article scott, it doesnt seem to reach any conclusion as to what these mean, and i usually like hodinkee for their vids at least. It just seems to leave open the suggestion that the watch contains precious metal? To me it just suggests 18ct gold? Am i missing something? I can see where they are coming from, but i think they are wrong identifying it as for the purpose of the owner, surely it would be for the purpose of a watch repairer? Advising them of the soft nature of the metals and their value? You woul not want to prise the back of that with a rusty screw driver out the back of an old BMW. :speak-no-evil-monkey:

basically it was a quality mark to show the buyer that no corners were cut in making the watch, at a time where gold had rocketed in value so some people were using gold plate for some items like hands and hour markers in gold cases.

It's a good thing, and worth looking for

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scottswatches said:

basically it was a quality mark to show the buyer that no corners were cut in making the watch, at a time where gold had rocketed in value so some people were using gold plate for some items like hands and hour markers in gold cases.

It's a good thing, and worth looking for

i think i get it, sort of more of a badge to say you've got the best model like M5 on the back of a 5 series BMW.

• Like 2

twins again eh?

Related image

No, but this pair which I`ve just swapped over to for the evening are a slightly non-identical pair...

APEKS AP0406, 500m

Apeks-1100.thumb.gif.384b848efe11c6d00fd6d1e6c345d82e.gif

APEKS AP040s-5, 1000m

Apeks-1000m-4.thumb.gif.de0cdcef13668f586c3daf9473f41666.gif

• Like 5

blimey, is that because you had pre-existing complications which could not be or, were not foreseen, requiring the 'supertough' joint? Sounds like you should ask the hospital to comment if it was a problem with the first hip, or its use in your case. 

hi Nigel,i had my left hip replaced 5 years ago no problems.the time had come this year to have the right hip replaced so i duly went through the usual preamble until i had the op on the 23rd of march.8 days later the pin/stem/spike which had been hammered down the centre of my shortened thigh bone came loose allowing the leg to point itself in whichever direction it liked.i am a biggish chap 6ft and 16 1/2stone  of which about  a stone or so is flab,the rest is just me.that may have something to do with the failure of the first joint but i was 19stone back when i had my left one done.i have been described as being of robust construction.the new "supertough"joint is i think the remedial surgeon is just using the belt and bracelet approach so he does not get egg on his face..i had the hip x rayed after the second op and the radiologist said it had the longest pin/stem/spike he had ever seen on a hip joint.running in instuctions:biggrin: for the second joint are very different from the from those of the first.this time besides the obvious precautions i must not walk more than 20 yards a day using both crutches for 6 weeks to let everything heal and knit together.at the moment i am just glad to be at home in the minimum of pain and looking forward to the arrival of my second granddaughter.later on i might have a rethink about raising some dust over the first joint though but i think i will just put it down to one of lifes experieces,cheers  kevin

Edited by greasemonk
sspelin
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, greasemonk said:

hi Nigel,i had my left hip replaced 5 years ago no problems.the time had come this year to have the right hip replaced so i duly went through the usual preamble until i had the op on the 23rd of march.8 days later the pin/stem/spike which had been hammered down the centre of my shortened thigh bone came loose allowing the leg to point itself in whichever direction it liked.i am a biggish chap 6ft and 16 1/2stone  of which about  a stone or so is flab,the rest is just me.that may have something to do with the failure of the first joint but i was 19stone back when i had my left one done.i have been described as being of robust construction.the new "supertough"joint is i think the remedial surgeon is just using the belt and bracelet approach so he does not get egg on his face..i had the hip x rayed after the second op and the radiologist said it had the longest pin/stem/spike he had ever seen on a hip joint.running in instuctions:biggrin: for the second joint are very different from the from those of the first.this time besides the obvious precautions i must not walk more than 20 yards a day using both crutches for 6 weeks to let everything heal and knit together.at the moment i am just glad to be at home in the minimum of pain and looking forward to the arrival of my second granddaughter.later on i might have a rethink about raising some dust over the first joint though but i think i will just put it down to one of lifes experieces,cheers  kevin

I can understand how you feel, having just had surgery on my foot, its always a big relief when its done. 

Good luck with the recovery process. :yes:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, borobiffa said:

Happy Easter. 3342b66ea0ce2e90a20c72a3987a2023.jpg

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

A lovely Indian special :laugh:

Seriously, burn it. :whistling: