• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
BEEBEE2018

How to remove the links on my new watch?

Hi, Everyone,

I just bought a new watch on ebay days ago, but i found the band is too long for me. who can tell me how to remove the links? Thanks.

I can't attached photoes... 

3 minutes ago, BEEBEE2018 said:

Hi, Everyone,

I just bought a new watch on ebay days ago, but i found the band is too long for me. who can tell me how to remove the links? Thanks.

I can't attached photoes... 

If its screws then you need watch makers micro screwdriver(s) and a holding tool.

If its pins then the holding tool and just a burgeon double ended tool ( the one with spring-pin tool one end and the push pin tool the other end )...

or , take it to an independent jeweller that does servicing and they will charge you a tenner ... 

2 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

If its screws then you need watch makers micro screwdriver(s) and a holding tool.

If its pins then the holding tool and just a burgeon double ended tool ( the one with spring-pin tool one end and the push pin tool the other end )...

or , take it to an independent jeweller that does servicing and they will charge you a tenner ... 

Hi, thanks you so much to reply me, i found it, it's screwed, but i don't have a screwdriver anyway...

I will go to buy one and remove it myself.

Thanks you so much.

They usually have arrows. So out int direction of arrow back against the direction of the arrow. It could have collars dont lose them.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Hi, thanks you so much to reply me, i found it, it's screwed, but i don't have a screwdriver anyway...
I will go to buy one and remove it myself.
Thanks you so much.
You dont have a screw driver...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nigelp said:

They usually have arrows. So out int direction of arrow back against the direction of the arrow. It could have collars dont lose them.

You dont have a screw driver...emoji23.png

Nor did I until you lot here got me addicted! Well except for the usual household ones.  :whistling:

Now as well as all the gear/ not much idea, my hands shake that bit too much to cause untold damage to anything worth fixing. .  :sadwalk:

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, brummie1875 said:

Nor did I until you lot here got me addicted! Well except for the usual household ones.  :whistling:

Now as well as all the gear/ not much idea, my hands shake that bit too much to cause untold damage to anything worth fixing. .  :sadwalk:

you will never be cured, if i were you, id stock up on them.

Image result for precision screwdriver set cartoon

• Haha 4

YouTube is your friend here, use it. As has been pointed out there are only a couple different types of pins holding watch bracelet links together, both are clearly illustrated in a dozen different YouTube videos. Just search for watch link removal.

Ie:

Edited by JayDeep
  • Like 2

Just make sure that what appear to be screws aren't the ends of split pins that require pushing out...there are usually arrows showing the direction to push on the backs of the links.

Although these look like screws, they are the ends of the split pins holding the links on this Citizen bracelet...

Bracelet pins and screws.

There are arrows on the backs of the links to show which direction to push.

This is the split pin removed...

A simple bracelet / springbar tool will do this.

Screws are usually larger, (top) compared to pins and are more often found on expensive bracelets.

• Like 5