UK Watch Forum banner

How to remove the links on my new watch?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Boots 
#1 ·
Hi, Everyone,

I just bought a new watch on ebay days ago, but i found the band is too long for me. who can tell me how to remove the links? Thanks.

I can't attached photoes...

#2 ·
Hi, Everyone,

I just bought a new watch on ebay days ago, but i found the band is too long for me. who can tell me how to remove the links? Thanks.

I can't attached photoes...
If its screws then you need watch makers micro screwdriver(s) and a holding tool.

If its pins then the holding tool and just a burgeon double ended tool ( the one with spring-pin tool one end and the push pin tool the other end )...

or , take it to an independent jeweller that does servicing and they will charge you a tenner ...

#3 ·
If its screws then you need watch makers micro screwdriver(s) and a holding tool.

If its pins then the holding tool and just a burgeon double ended tool ( the one with spring-pin tool one end and the push pin tool the other end )...

or , take it to an independent jeweller that does servicing and they will charge you a tenner ...
Hi, thanks you so much to reply me, i found it, it's screwed, but i don't have a screwdriver anyway...

I will go to buy one and remove it myself.

Thanks you so much.

#7 ·
Just make sure that what appear to be screws aren't the ends of split pins that require pushing out...there are usually arrows showing the direction to push on the backs of the links.

Although these look like screws, they are the ends of the split pins holding the links on this Citizen bracelet...

There are arrows on the backs of the links to show which direction to push.

This is the split pin removed...

A simple bracelet / springbar tool will do this.

Screws are usually larger, (top) compared to pins and are more often found on expensive bracelets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.