• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
PC-Magician

Watch Repair Course

After modding and fixing several Watches I have decided to enroll in a Watch repair course, and this is the one I have gone for.:

https://www.watchrepairlessons.com/

it will take a long time I have no doubt about that, and I will still use the services of my trusted Watchmakers.

Anyone care to wish me luck?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PC-Magician said:

After modding and fixing several Watches I have decided to enroll in a Watch repair course, and this is the one I have gone for.:

https://www.watchrepairlessons.com/

it will take a long time I have no doubt about that, and I will still use the services of my trusted Watchmakers.

Anyone care to wish me luck?

That looks interesting - good luck - update us how you got on and what the course was like :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good luck, think I might do this myself at some point. I've watched a YouTube video with this guy showing him building a watch from the ground up with simple parts bought on eBay. He's a very good teacher, I think.

• Like 1

Mark is very good imo , I’ve been a member of the watch repair forum for a few years now and found the info invaluable. Haven’t done the courses though , good luck I’m sure you’ll enjoy it 

I agree with @andyclient above, Jon. Been a member of WRT for several years now and watched lots of Mark's videos. I like the way he uses high def macro shots and the clear explanations as to what he is doing...and yet he never seems to be talking 'down' to you. I did consider signing up for the courses when he first launched them, but like everything else, just never got round to it. Are they a recognised qualification when completed?

Anyhow, good luck with the courses...I'm pretty sure you'll find them enjoyable.

2 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

I agree with @andyclient above, Jon. Been a member of WRT for several years now and watched lots of Mark's videos. I like the way he uses high def macro shots and the clear explanations as to what he is doing...and yet he never seems to be talking 'down' to you. I did consider signing up for the courses when he first launched them, but like everything else, just never got round to it. Are they a recognised qualification when completed?

Anyhow, good luck with the courses...I'm pretty sure you'll find them enjoyable.

Not recognized by an official body Roger, nonetheless, they do give a structured way of learning which is just what I need.

• Like 1

Best of luck. :thumbsup:

Have seen his videos on youtube and like his presentation, easy to follow, have thought about learning more about watches, but like others have not had the time to concentrate on it, once I get more time later this year when I retire I might give it a go too.

He for any top ups you may need. Best of luck. Practise, Practise and Practise.lol

I find Mark's YouTube videos to be quite inspiring. They keep on making me think about getting more involved in the maintenance of my watches. In fact, just a couple of weeks back I dug out an old cal. 8F Seiko and one of Mark's videos took me step-by-step through how to reset the perpetual calendar.

• Like 1