• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
al_kaholik

Appreciation of the older generation

My dad is working his way though the estate from his parents at the moment and it keeps uncovering watches. I've shown here preciously a Tufor presentation watch and a couple of ladies' Rotary watches. Back home for the weekend and my dad pulls out a two hander Accurist. It works a treat, is gold plated and having popped the back has a Felsa 320 inside which also appears to be plated. 

Keeps good time and is super thin, which my dad likes. Polished the crystal today with micromesh and poly watch and its a sight. Perhaps pics tomorrow. Gold isn't for me but its a stunning dress watch :)

I'm very appreciative of what my grandparents wore every day. 

• Like 3

Looking forward to the pics 

I have been going through my uncle's estate and he like Seikos, sadly he didn't keep any of the models he bought in Japan in 60's and 70's he threw them away when they stopped working!

• Like 1

Didn't get any at the weekend but will get my dad to take some! Criminal that things were chucked in the bin and I wonder what will be worth money when I'm older that I've binned over the years. 

My Dad collected watches but sadly suffered from Dementia in his last years and swapped most of the better ones for a load of silver spoons. To be fair, the spoons fetched a good amount after he died but not as interesting as the watches.  I did inherit my Grandads 9ct Smiths deluxe and my Great Grandads Hamilton in rolled gold case though and pleased I can appreciate them. 

• Like 1

My families heirlooms "disappeared". :angry: I know where they went, but can't do anything about it.

• Sad 1