• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Easter Sunday New Guys WAYW

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This, for an early start to Easter Sunday.           Steve.

RLT10 Titanium

13 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

Swatch 'solo dark night'. 40mm, so simple, honest and unpretentious; that it ends up being completely self aware and therefore pretentious. Or does it? This is just so perfect for a city trader in chinos a polo shirt popping to play golf in his black or her black porsche 911 turbo LE. 

Needs a brighter strap mate.  Put one of these bad boys on, and it will match your red braces perfectly:

20180820_142247

20180820_142230

You're welcome :tongue:

Edited by Davey P
Double post...
  • Like 5
19 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Needs a brighter strap mate.  Put one of these bad boys on, and it will match your red braces perfectly:

20180820_142247

20180820_142230

You're welcome :tongue:

i agree davey, ive noticed there are all sorts of options, its going to become a new forum craze this, infact im just off to set up an exclusive members club, none of this rolex or patek crap. 

1 hour ago, yokel said:

Suppose I still count as a "new guy" :whistle:

Easter Sunday . . . . . . Huitième Chrono  --  even though I do not intend to time anything today (just as I haven't in the twenty-five years I've owned this piece).

4ML1AOD.jpg

:king:

reminds me of my new seiko 7t32, lovely in fact. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Eski said:

Changed to this for al fresco brekkie1cadeb024d1d5c5b6d8ca1aab10f5c9c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

theyve been clever there, all the mental cues of the rolex and then you realise once your brain has caught up with your eyes, that its a nicer looking watch. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Omega SMP 2231.80 Ti today. Happy Easter everyone!

I'll follow suit with my 2232-80.

Omega Caliber 1120.

SMP.jpg

( Click for Hi-Rez.)

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Boots said:

We've been away walking in the Yorkshire Dales for the past week - glorious scenery and weather.

This was my watch for the week, and still is today:

1zqfps4.jpg

how far up? We used to go to Skipton, Grassington a lot when I was back in Burnley, in fact it was the usual Sunday outing either that or over to Howarth, none of them right far and a lot nicer than going further into Lancashire, especially as the next town on was Blackburn then Bolton. :(

Patley Bridge was a nice run out too. 

2 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

how far up? We used to go to Skipton, Grassington a lot when I was back in Burnley, in fact it was the usual Sunday outing either that or over to Howarth, none of them right far and a lot nicer than going further into Lancashire, especially as the next town on was Blackburn then Bolton. :(

Patley Bridge was a nice run out too. 

We were in Settle, doing a number of walks in the Settle, Clapham and Ingleton area. My wife is recovering from a broken ankle (Christmas), and my son is a wanna-be gamer so feels he should be allergic to fresh air and exercise, so we weren't sure how much walking we would be able to do this year, but it went very well.

We also had a day trip over to Heysham to have a tour of the nuclear power station, which was very interesting (anyone tempted to do this, please note that it needs to be booked at least three weeks in advance).

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Boots said:

We were in Settle, doing a number of walks in the Settle, Clapham and Ingleton area. My wife is recovering from a broken ankle (Christmas), and my son is a wanna-be gamer so feels he should be allergic to fresh air and exercise, so we weren't sure how much walking we would be able to do this year, but it went very well.

We also had a day trip over to Heysham to have a tour of the nuclear power station, which was very interesting (anyone tempted to do this, please note that it needs to be booked at least three weeks in advance).

I know settle well, used to go a lot only about 18 miles away when i lived near Burnley, over Gisburn and out to settle, used to go in the charity shops there and take my Gran on Saturdays. Heysham head! Not been there since i was about 15. Beware of Earby and Barnoldswick its frontier land. 

A lot of odd balls. 

• Like 1
theyve been clever there, all the mental cues of the rolex and then you realise once your brain has caught up with your eyes, that its a nicer looking watch. 
That's a nice compliment! Appreciated.
I like the Rolex too, but as a quartz guy first and foremost (due to OCD accuracy affliction) this one is better for me.

Pre-lunch nibbles.. third change and figured a solar would appreciate the sun. af91fabfd843070579641fc51d96f023.jpg

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Eski said:

That's a nice compliment! Appreciated.
I like the Rolex too, but as a quartz guy first and foremost (due to OCD accuracy affliction) this one is better for me.

Pre-lunch nibbles.. third change and figured a solar would appreciate the sun. af91fabfd843070579641fc51d96f023.jpg

you are welcome its very nice. So is that. No wonder Seiko are the most popular watch on here.

According to the tachy equation of speed distance and time. Im measured at 0mph. Which is correct. 3437ae8fd31db66ea658df5e08feb9f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

According to the tachy equation of speed distance and time. Im measured at 0mph. Which is correct. 3437ae8fd31db66ea658df5e08feb9f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

in fact im correct on both occasions 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

so tempting ...

was looking at swatches all morning - some good proportions too, and like the battery change feature

I can't understand why there arent more on here tbh ive never thought about them and suddenly i saw one while browsing and it took me back to their rock watches in the 80's which were considered so cool, when you think about it they are the ultimate cool watch, Swiss branded really well, fun and totally unpretentious. All sorts of designs for little money and a proper swiss brands that controls all the big names! 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Graham60 said:

in the end the temptation was too much

I already have the watch I am looking for - The Gucci on my winder lol.  If only it was quartz.

Meanwhile ... 'This is not the watch you're looking for.'

The twin harbingers of 'doing stuff' - Casio G-Shock and an old rip-stop nylon shirt! Power-sanders READY!

58420171_131502741254305_148753017457134

see you later, off to sand the roof of my garden seat, and hopefully get it 'painted' with a few coats of something before it rains next week!

Edited by Jet Jetski
babbling on
  • Like 3
45 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

I already have the watch I am looking for - The Gucci on my winder lol.  If only it was quartz.

Meanwhile ... 'This is not the watch you're looking for.'

The twin harbingers of 'doing stuff' - Casio G-Shock and an old rip-stop nylon shirt! Power-sanders READY!

58420171_131502741254305_148753017457134

see you later, off to sand the roof of my garden seat, and hopefully get it 'painted' with a few coats of something before it rains next week!

typical is it going to rain next week? Ive been stuck in with my toe in this lovely weather and then when im ok its going to rain. 

Image result for bmw 635csi in rain

• Like 1