• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
TOTALSEIKO

Everite Automatic 21 Jewels. Can someone help me identify and age this

I would say 1960s, but if it is hallmarked then that would give an accurate date.  

Everite were the in house brand of H Samuel 

12 minutes ago, TOTALSEIKO said:

The only hallmark on the case is 375 which i believe is 9ct gold. Where would other hallmarks be?

Probably on the inside of caseback , that’s where they usually are and yes 375 is 9ct

It sure looks like a 60s watch. It could be late 50s or early 70s as well but I'd say it's 1960s...

2 hours ago, TOTALSEIKO said:

Hello. When taking it apart the movement is attached to case back. Any advice?

If the movement is not coming out then leave it.  It it too easy to bend or break a stem prising a movement out of a case to warrant curiosity over a year of manufacture.  Never try and lever against the dial, or damage is more likely.  Gently warming the watch on a hot water bottle might free up the movement, or the design might be a split stem in which case leave it to someone with more experience.  

Safety first 

On 21/04/2019 at 17:53, scottswatches said:

If the movement is not coming out then leave it.  It it too easy to bend or break a stem prising a movement out of a case to warrant curiosity over a year of manufacture.  Never try and lever against the dial, or damage is more likely.  Gently warming the watch on a hot water bottle might free up the movement, or the design might be a split stem in which case leave it to someone with more experience.  

Safety first 

Much appreciated guys. Will have a look later

• Like 1