• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Thegooddetective

Instagram

@alxbly does and so does Seiko therapy and myself, but I stopped posting to Instagram when we were told we could no longer share our pictures that way.

1 hour ago, Thegooddetective said:

Anyone here got a watch Instagram? wandering_watches here. Let’s get the forum more social! 

Hi, watch_clock_repairs is my name on instagram where i put a few repairs i have done as pictures :) 

• Like 2

I have an instagram but because of the way Instagram appears to share data with Facebook I am not comfortable with plastering it with my valuables. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Daveyboyz said:

I have an instagram but because of the way Instagram appears to share data with Facebook I am not comfortable with plastering it with my valuables. 

With the watches you have I wouldn't blame you. With my cheapos, I'm totally cool. Share it all with the entire world, come on down... Gives me an excuse to start all over and buy more! Lol

11 hours ago, Daveyboyz said:

Agree with this. Seems anyone can follow you on Instagram so like Facebook I keep my watches off those sites. 

• Like 1

Agree with this. Seems anyone can follow you on Instagram so like Facebook I keep my watches off those sites. 

If you think like that then your not using Instagram or Facebook correctly. There’s plenty of privacy settings to help you maintain privacy. You can have several Instagram accounts and have different privacy settings for each. My watches are public but my personal Instagram is visible only to friends.

I don’t have my watches on Facebook as I don’t want my friends seeing what I have. It makes you come across as a poser or someone faking it till they make it. Anyone whose doing well doesn’t have to boast about what they have to their friends.

All this data sharing nonesense isn’t as simple as just sharing your images around other websites. It’s about statistics and targeting adverts to your computer.

Yes I use Instagram so give me a follow guys.

I use it mainly as a blog for my recovery from mental illness and weight loss progress too .  But my watches feature a lot also!! :laugh:

Username = mr_f_82

++ Oh and it only shares data to Facebook if you select the tab to share data with FB or other social media. Mine is linked to my Twitter account also.

Edited by MrF-UK82
  • Like 1

i use fb for info on cars and from Burnley and around lancashire where i come from, you get more truth about what is actually going on out in the streets than you do on the main news channels on telly, you want to read the facebook pages for Burnley, Nelson and Brierfield and what people are saying is going on in their communities, the crime, the general feelings of unhappiness with lawlessness and hardly any of it gets on the News. Comments and posts from real people who are living with what goes on in these places with Burglaries rife and all sorts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigelp said:

i use fb for info on cars and from Burnley and around lancashire where i come from, you get more truth about what is actually going on out in the streets than you do on the main news channels on telly, you want to read the facebook pages for Burnley, Nelson and Brierfield and what people are saying is going on in their communities, the crime, the general feelings of unhappiness with lawlessness and hardly any of it gets on the News. Comments and posts from real people who are living with what goes on in these places with Burglaries rife and all sorts. 

True... MSM is a complete fiction trying to convince us of false naratives.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Daveyboyz said:

True... MSM is a complete fiction trying to convince us of false naratives.

it sure is, when you read what real ordinary people are saying who live in the towns on some of the towns fb group pages it is eye opening, one fella was saying he went to the local police station to hand a wallet in and they keep their doors locked he couldnt hear what was being said on the intercom, so gave it up and put the details of the wallet on fb to try and find the owner! They say the police wont do anything about really loud  fire works going off all through the night, rubbish and rats are rife, burglaries and crime is at a massive level especially in Burnley and their crime group as 13,000 members! Cars being raced on public roads, no tax no insurance, cars abandoned and burnt out, high powered cars including lambos and ferraris, probably hired. People saying they dont go out after dark in the winter months or later at night in the lighter summer weather. It sounds terrible and on the news we hear nothing. 

Edited by Nigelp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigelp said:

it sure is, when you read what real ordinary people are saying who live in the towns on some of the towns fb group pages it is eye opening, one fella was saying he went to the local police station to hand a wallet in and they keep their doors locked he couldnt hear what was being said on the intercom, so gave it up and put the details of the wallet on fb to try and find the owner! They say the police wont do anything about really loud  fire works going off all through the night, rubbish and rats are rife, burglaries and crime is at a massive level especially in Burnley and their crime group as 13,000 members! Cars being raced on public roads, no tax no insurance, cars abandoned and burnt out, high powered cars including lambos and ferraris, probably hired. People saying they dont go out after dark in the winter months or later at night in the lighter summer weather. It sounds terrible and on the news we hear nothing. 

Its all OK, we are culturally enriched.

Keep feminism, scare stories about CO2 and Brexit and transgender issues on the tele and maybe we will enter some mythical alternate universe and forget what is going on in the real world.

When there was an attack on a mosque Mr Khan was very vocal... is he so vocal with all these attacks against churches?   Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of any religions but it seems we are in the process of a cultural and social suicide at the moment and there are only two positions... the far left with their eyes shut and the far right.   Those in the middle are self censoring and afraid to say anything for fear of the consequences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I only use Instagram to look at tattoos, I find the aspirational "watches artfully draped across the most expensive item they own, with a selection of other expensive items scattered around in the background" lifestyle shots irritating.

No hate, if people are into that more power to them, I just can't see the appeal.

• Like 1