• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Nigel B

Just arrived and need help with Bracelet

This has just arrived today in typical situation ( flat battery ) but was the right price and I liked the overall look. So battery on order and cant wait for it to get here.

IMGP0123.jpg

Unfortunately one of the link pins needed to extend the strap ( original Sekonda ) has gone missing, can any one point me in the direction of where I might get a replacement as the agents seem to think its of no interest to them due to the small cost I guess. I can just about wriggle this on over my hand and close the clasp but its far from comfortable and everything is adjusted to the max

IMGP0124.jpg

IMGP0125.jpg

Missing link pin is like the one in the last pic. 

I have dozens of these - all different sizes.  I suspect they are going to be unique to the bracelet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kevkojak said:

I have dozens of these - all different sizes.  I suspect they are going to be unique to the bracelet.

That could explain the difficulty with spares, Thanks.

PS: I lived on Halliwell Road & Blackburn Road for some years whilst living in bolton.

• Like 1

My best mate had a boozer on Halliwell Road (well, his parents did) - The New Inn.

Rough side of town that.... I love it.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

My Aunty lives at turton heights. Ever been to jumbles and last drop? Im from the rougher side. Burnley. Or was. This is where i live now. Well not far off in rhos. This is about 4 miles away penmaenmawr.

79265add9999232936c0ea1774ea7d11.jpga89ad6f15ab12ea9ed17223c9ab9ceb5.jpg0462427b68aedbdf6cce994ef97099ff.jpgc96d3f21f8866edd05dbbb69c0c021ed.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

On 25/04/2019 at 16:41, kevkojak said:

My best mate had a boozer on Halliwell Road (well, his parents did) - The New Inn.

Rough side of town that.... I love it.  :biggrin:

:thumbsup: There used to be a Chippy almost opposite Frank Edwards garage ( mid 70's ) called the Galleon about half a dozen doors down from Enzo's, Must have gone downhill after I left :biggrin:

On 25/04/2019 at 16:50, Nigelp said:

My Aunty lives at turton heights. Ever been to jumbles and last drop? Im from the rougher side. Burnley. Or was. This is where i live now. Well not far off in rhos. This is about 4 miles away penmaenmawr.

79265add9999232936c0ea1774ea7d11.jpga89ad6f15ab12ea9ed17223c9ab9ceb5.jpg0462427b68aedbdf6cce994ef97099ff.jpgc96d3f21f8866edd05dbbb69c0c021ed.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Spent a lot of time around the whole area in general, smithills, rivington, as a young tearaway on a bike, so many memories. Had a lot of holidays in the penmaenmawr area too, great times.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mrs Wiggles said:

To be honest it's a bit of a boring watch. I would put a brightly coloured nato on it to give it some personality 

Probably goes with my personality, I have plenty of excitement in the rest of my life :biggrin:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nigel B said:

:thumbsup: There used to be a Chippy almost opposite Frank Edwards garage ( mid 70's ) called the Galleon about half a dozen doors down from Enzo's, Must have gone downhill after I left :biggrin:

Spent a lot of time around the whole area in general, smithills, rivington, as a young tearaway on a bike, so many memories. Had a lot of holidays in the penmaenmawr area too, great times.

yes us to, thats why we moved here. 

Used to stop in pendyffryn hall. Its a part of the world thats very hard to beat, i wouldnt live anywhere else. Used to come 4 times a year on holiday, been in Rhos 12 years now and its flown.

https://www.lyonsholidayparks.co.uk/park/pendyffryn-hall/

Can we all just take a moment to marvel at NigelB and NigelP enjoying a slightly improbable geographical moment.

If we can locate Nigels C, D, E, G, T and V we've got the full set!*

*American cousin Nigel Zee isn't on speaking terms.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ry ry said:

Can we all just take a moment to marvel at NigelB and NigelP enjoying a slightly improbable geographical moment.

I'm sure @Nigelp and I can work on that to fill in the gaps, but you may be sorry we did :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ry ry said:

apparantly mum and dad were expecting me to be still born like the previous attempts, but apparently in mum's words "this baby is a fighter", however so much was i expected like the other attempts to not survive that i wasnt named until i was born no thought at all, as i again in mums words 'kicked my way out' and mum screamed 'cut me'...she said as i cried my first breath to the question 'you have a baby boy what do you want to call him?' She wasn't expecting a boy and had thought of Adelle for a girl! All that sprang to her mind was 'this baby must be called 'Nigel'...

Image result for the shining little boy

they planned on having another child after two years, though ''after you nigel we decided one was enough''.

I am normal. 

15 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

apparantly mum and dad were expecting me to be still born like the previous attempts, but apparently in mum's words "this baby is a fighter", however so much was i expected like the other attempts to not survive that i wasnt named until i was born no thought at all, as i again in mums words 'kicked my way out' and mum screamed 'cut me'...she said as i cried my first breath to the question 'you have a baby boy what do you want to call him?' She wasn't expecting a boy and had thought of Adelle for a girl! All that sprang to her mind was 'this baby must be called 'Nigel'...

Image result for the shining little boy

they planned on having another child after two years, though ''after you nigel we decided one was enough''.

I am normal. 

I lolled so hard at that Mrs ryry asked what was up, so I explained the whole thing to her and now she thinks I'm even more educationally subnormal than she did previously.

Thanks a f*king bunch, Nigels :laugh:

8 minutes ago, ry ry said:

I lolled so hard at that Mrs ryry asked what was up, so I explained the whole thing to her and now she thinks I'm even more educationally subnormal than she did previously.

Thanks a f*king bunch, Nigels :laugh:

Glad to be of service ............ we aim to please :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

14 hours ago, Nigel B said:

Unfortunately one of the link pins needed to extend the strap ( original Sekonda ) has gone missing, can any one point me in the direction of where I might get a replacement as the agents seem to think its of no interest to them due to the small cost I guess. I can just about wriggle this on over my hand and close the clasp but its far from comfortable and everything is adjusted to the max

Nigel, as a last resort, why not try a clasp extender? You just need to find the right size (20mm, 22mm etc) and order one from Cousins or the Bay. They fit easily to the clasp with a standard spring bar, and are useful in situations like this where either a connecting pin has been lost or another (unavailable) link needed. There are micro adjustment holes to get the correct fit.        

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/extenders-for-3-fold-clasp-covers

Clasp extender.

Clasp extender.

Clasp extender.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Nigel, as a last resort, why not try a clasp extender? You just need to find the right size (20mm, 22mm etc) and order one from Cousins or the Bay. They fit easily to the clasp with a standard spring bar, and are useful in situations like this where either a connecting pin has been lost or another (unavailable) link needed. There are micro adjustment holes to get the correct fit.        

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/extenders-for-3-fold-clasp-covers

Clasp extender.

Clasp extender.

Clasp extender.

That's Great, Thanks. Never seen one of those before, but, it should work well for what I want.

I'll have a look and order one.

Cheers @Roger the Dodger

• Like 1