• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
JayDeep

Making my own trench watch

So I've decided, while in the modding mood, to create my own trench watch. One of the first modded watches ever. I picked up a cheapo pocket watch and will weld or solder or duct tape on some lugs and put it on some kind of special strap.

Here's the watch, Luch 42mm, manual...fedf409d19a04a689bf9aaabf67ec43c.jpg72daa4fa492e780a2ad6943e7c2120bf.jpg8cdfdefad13f50c7f57b9c1d8a0b9972.jpg3f039ab36c5f54fc41891ffbc435541a.jpg

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Perlative Cernometer said:

Just don't go over the top with it.:wink:

see what you did there! Clever

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JayDeep said:

duct tape

:grinning-face-with-sweat: you are great jay!

3 hours ago, JayDeep said:

on some lugs

If @Roy needs a new watch maker i think we have one within our ranks!:laugh:

We should have a comic/comedian award a little symbol at the side of the avatar, like for the other members awards, jay you are worth your weight in gold, priceless in fact. 

• Haha 1

Remember and film it. Ballistic Bob hasn't done a watch yet.

• Haha 1

you've got to feel a bit sorry for it, its even made me weep a bit for it. poor little thing. Just sat there innocently, only wanting to serve. Jay, i think the idea with this build your own watch is this. Select a case you like, find a dial that fits, a movement that fits and then comes the skills bit, you need to assemble it and get it running properly. Then put a strap or bracelet on and away you go. I dont think the idea is to bolt, weld, or use duct tape so you can strap it to your wrist. I know its been done in olden day times, but in those days they operated on their own cataracts without any anaesthetic by candle light. Poor old watch. Cant you just satisfy yourself by taking an hammer to that yacht master copy thingy?:grinning-face-with-sweat:

72daa4fa492e780a2ad6943e7c2120bf.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KAS118 said:

Sounds an interesting project - looking forwards to see the results 

me too!

Image result for frankenstein gif

:grinning-face-with-sweat:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Get one of these and save a watch.

pocketwatchholder_grande.jpg?v=150791135

This ^ would be the best idea, although it would look better with a nice vintage looking leather strap instead of the hideous canvas abomination shown (*Disclaimer alert* Just IMHO of course) :thumbsup:

I seem to remember @mach 0.0013137 has done this conversion, and it looks quite good, plus it's reversible of course if you don't like it.

Good luck anyway mate.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Davey P said:

This ^ would be the best idea, although it would look better with a nice vintage looking leather strap instead of the hideous canvas abomination shown (*Disclaimer alert* Just IMHO of course) :thumbsup:

I seem to remember @mach 0.0013137 has done this conversion, and it looks quite good, plus it's reversible of course if you don't like it.

Good luck anyway mate.

The item in question, which as you can clearly see looks way better for not having a strap made out of the skin of some poor unfortunate animal 1985285186_(30).gif.661a4e1a31a7cc60f03346b4f6bd689f.gif 588366802_(31).gif.72b428c52f41007c33bb101074e82f8d.gif

IServicesDSC_0050_zps04793c95.thumb.gif.93447bb0681644bf10b93ae8a8118a54.gif1070887019_ServicesSwissMade(madebyOrisSwitzerland)cal.4217jewelscircamid1950s.thumb.gif.ff820258a387db672aab2e334a25f363.gif

1785281342_(42).gif.49239c5b7b3bcd3038e1e89bfd18e28a.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was truly lost for words, dear Jay, when I read your plans for that dear little Luch. Wouldn't it be better just to put it out of its misery quickly - dig a "trench" and bury it with a few words of comfort.:laugh:

Secretly though, I am hoping you will photograph the transformation and give us all a few smiles...:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Perlative Cernometer said:

Just don't go over the top with it.:wink:

Go forth.

0d41849b987f69a850df3ecbbb7a361c76f074ce

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mcb2007 said:

Oi did I give you permission :boxing::aggressive:

image.jpeg

have you ever met a bloke called Dave Rogers lives in Ossy, he was my Chief Auditor, looks just like that, a reight nice bloke too, soft as owt, his staff got away with murder. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

have you ever met a bloke called Dave Rogers lives in Ossy, he was my Chief Auditor, looks just like that, a reight nice bloke too, soft as owt, his staff got away with murder. 

Has e got a bruvver called Roy , good wiv orses I eer. :partytime:

• Haha 1