Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Col81

Tudor Harrods is ready.......

Recommended Posts

I ordered the Harrods Black Bay Green in Jan i was told it would be 12 months delivery, i emailed last week they said August. I have just had the call it is in. No idea why it has come so soon i really want the watch but i have not saved enough to buy it so it will mean borrowing and really stretching myself. If i need to sell this in 6-12 months do people think i would lose much on it? it is £2670 i believe. Any thoughts appreciated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look on chrono24 there are 52 for sale and all at prices well above £2670. That could suggest you would not lose money or that there is not much demand and you could lose. I did not check out all the watches but some said limited edition and some say special edition but maybe they are all the same.

If you really nlike the watch and can sort out the pennies then it looks a fairly safe bet so long as if you need to sell later then it is not in a hurry.

Edited by richy176

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Col81 said:

I ordered the Harrods Black Bay Green in Jan i was told it would be 12 months delivery, i emailed last week they said August. I have just had the call it is in. No idea why it has come so soon i really want the watch but i have not saved enough to buy it so it will mean borrowing and really stretching myself. If i need to sell this in 6-12 months do people think i would lose much on it? it is £2670 i believe. Any thoughts appreciated?

Tudor Dealers usually offer 24 months interest free credit so hopefully thats one part of your problem solved. Regards value .... These don't sell for the stupid ticket prices as often as people think , when I enquired for a friend about these a few weeks back , the modal selling price for mint condition unworn ones was around £3400 and for worn VGC ones it was around £3K so you are unlikely I would suggest to loose anything significant if anything on that watch and may even make a modest uplift.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure on the 0% i dont think they will. If they did that would solve the issue going forward. They were originally making 1000 i believe then it went to 2000 now its 5000 i believe. It seems to have gone very quiet on these

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Col81 said:

I ordered the Harrods Black Bay Green in Jan i was told it would be 12 months delivery, i emailed last week they said August. I have just had the call it is in. No idea why it has come so soon i really want the watch but i have not saved enough to buy it so it will mean borrowing and really stretching myself. If i need to sell this in 6-12 months do people think i would lose much on it? it is £2670 i believe. Any thoughts appreciated?

If you are not sure you really want it saying you may want to sell in 6-12months.. then why not just cancel the order and let someone who really wants the piece to get it sooner than they expected...they were selling at a healthy premium when they said there would only be 1000..but now it seems there is no limit on production numbers which will decrease the demand and quell the hype... 

Edited by Speedy112
New asking prices on Chrono24 are between £3700 and £5200 so demand still looks strong though these are of course asking prices
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Speedy112 said:

If you are not sure you really want it saying you may want to sell in 6-12months.. then why not just cancel the order and let someone who really wants the piece to get it sooner than they expected...they were selling at a healthy premium when they said there would only be 1000..but now it seems there is no limit on production numbers which will decrease the demand and quell the hype... 

My thoughts. Hardly a limited edition any more is it ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes i agree the shine is coming off it but i do like the watch and rather than buy a run of the mill Tudor at least it is a little different. The current prices i cannot see why anybody would buy one for £3000-£5000 when you can go on a list and get a call 3 months later as i have (and others) surely these are just chancers that have bought them and are trying to move them on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Col81 said:

surely these are just chancers that have bought them and are trying to move them on.

Ummm....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you like to wear then buy it. If you like it for an ROI, treat it as one and accept that may go or down. Generally speaking the vibe on this forum is don't buy watches as investments, most on here are enthusiasts, collector's and generally watches are there passion. I stand to be corrected....

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WRENCH said:

My thoughts. Hardly a limited edition any more is it ?

can a ltd edition ever be rare when they are all the same? Its a contradiction in terms like

Image result for socialist worker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

can a ltd edition ever be rare when they are all the same? Its a contradiction in terms like

 

Depends on whether you're a component of conspicuous consumerism.

large_000000.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Depends on whether you're a component of conspicuous consumerism.

large_000000.jpg

no im a socialist through poverty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

no im a socialist through champagne.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WRENCH said:

 

i know what you mean...how can i ive been educated out of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

eBay sold prices suggest £3-4k is possible regardless of new or used, so looks unlikely you'll lose money.

But, unless you're desperate for it, just say you'll pass -- get them to add you back on the list if you think you'll want it later in the year.

I suspect quite a few people already passed, which is why you got it a lot sooner than you thought.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people are turning them away as time has gone on I have started to look at other watches it is between this and the outgoing omega seamaster smp blue dial they are around for £2400 unworn/new. I hoped the Tudor would hold its money to help me move on to a Rolex one day. Although I prefer the looks of the omega the harrods was a bit more special having it's own individual number etc. I will more than likely let it go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Col81 said:

I think people are turning them away as time has gone on I have started to look at other watches it is between this and the outgoing omega seamaster smp blue dial they are around for £2400 unworn/new. I hoped the Tudor would hold its money to help me move on to a Rolex one day. Although I prefer the looks of the omega the harrods was a bit more special having it's own individual number etc. I will more than likely let it go.

The SMP300M is a better watch.... IMO....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Col81 said:

I think people are turning them away as time has gone on I have started to look at other watches it is between this and the outgoing omega seamaster smp blue dial they are around for £2400 unworn/new. I hoped the Tudor would hold its money to help me move on to a Rolex one day. Although I prefer the looks of the omega the harrods was a bit more special having it's own individual number etc. I will more than likely let it go.

As has been said before..you were offered the piece quicker than expected probably because speculators are seeing the demand fall as the numbers being produced are no longer limited to just 1000...if I were you and a Rolex is your aim..keep saving until you have to funds to purchase the piece you really want then enjoy it and if it rises in value then good for you....IMO you will lose money on 99% of watches being produced..... buying is very easy selling is a different matter 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant see myself saving enough for a submariner so these 2 are what it falls down too. At least I would have a watch and if I never get the Rolex I've had the use of the Tudor or omega. The omega has always been my number 1 choice but the Tudor seemed a good watch a little different 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone enlighten me why the email states all stickers and tags will be removed. Why is this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Col81 said:

Can anyone enlighten me why the email states all stickers and tags will be removed. Why is this?

To try and stop people from buying just to resell at a higher price. I believe that Rolex ADs hold onto the warranty card for the same reason - saw an advert for a Rolex that said the card would be given to the buyer when released by the AD and if memory serves then it would be after a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Col81 said:

Can anyone enlighten me why the email states all stickers and tags will be removed. Why is this?

Tudor trying to prevent resellers of LE watches. There has been a spate of profiteers buying Limited Edition watches and selling on to the likes of WF etc which in my opinion artificially inflates the watches value and can limit genuine enthusiasts access to said watches.

It unfortunately will be the wave of the future in certain brands. It is frustrating if like me you are a completist :laugh: but in the grand scheme of things a small niggle. It is a beautiful watch the stickers & hang tag are an aside. Ask if they form part of the purchase price as there will be some cost if so you could argue a discount but then they may just move down the list to the next buyer alternatively you could ask if they can retain them and you will collect in a year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I think that going forward these will be easy to get so I cant why brands like Tudor etc need to do it they dont rocket like Rolex its creating a impression of rarity that doesn't exist. I cannot see anyone paying above list why would they when  you can put name down and have one in a matter of weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Col81 said:

Ok I think that going forward these will be easy to get so I cant why brands like Tudor etc need to do it they dont rocket like Rolex its creating a impression of rarity that doesn't exist. I cannot see anyone paying above list why would they when  you can put name down and have one in a matter of weeks

my advice is try on the SMP300M .... you will prefer it I suspect..... :-) 

Edited by JonnyOldBoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...