• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
spinynorman

What lurks beneath

This was one of the first watches I bought on Ebay after catching the habit here. It looked nice enough and I had neither the tools nor the confidence to explore more deeply. Until now. It was just supposed to be a simple battery change.

IMG_6838_1

Quite pretty for quartz, apart from the grime. And the caseback seal has perished.

DSC_9224_1

And something filthy lurking under the bracelet.

DSC_9226_1

New battery and seals on the way, and I think it needs a bath. :tongue:

• Like 4

You could build a human being from the gunge on that strap, yuk. Nice watch though

Edited by niveketak
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, niveketak said:

You could build a human being from the gunge on that strap, yuk. Nice watch though

Fortunately I haven't worn it often. I've learned a lot since I bought that one.

7 hours ago, al_kaholik said:

Can't beat the satisfaction or removing years of human slime and having a perfectly clean bracelet afterwards 

It responded well to an attack from my old electric toothbrush. Very enjoyable.

• Like 1

On 30/04/2019 at 06:42, al_kaholik said:

Can't beat the satisfaction or removing years of human slime and having a perfectly clean bracelet afterwards 

Must agree with that, a quick soak and then 10 -12 minutes in the ultrasonic tank, works wonders.