Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
barkyboy

Diver Advice Sought

Recommended Posts

Looking to buy a second hand "Divers" watch with a budget of around £1500. I would be eternally grateful for the Forums guidance into the more "random" manufacturers out there as well as the more mainstream.

"Vintage" would also be of interest within the prescribed remit.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, barkyboy said:

Very nice!! How much are they?

Around £1700 from a company I have used recently without any problems.....Monaco Luxury watch on Chrono 24.. and Cheaper if you prefer it on leather... Plenty of reviews of the watch on YouTube etc

Edited by Speedy112

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£1500 buy's you alot dive watch:

300smp quartz/auto just

Certina auto

Tissot auto

Raymond weil auto

Longines auto

Tudor 

Nth

Tag 

Roamer

The list is endless.

Google any of the with dive after the brand and we can touch base in a week or so lol.

 

 

Edited by Craftycockney
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, barkyboy said:

Looking to buy a second hand "Divers" watch with a budget of around £1500.

 

Some idiot has listed a Breitling SuperOcean 11 42 in the sales section ..... knowing how stupid he is , he may listen to ridiculous offers for a Dive watch rated for 500 metres !!?? :thumbsup: :laugh:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Some idiot has listed a Breitling SuperOcean 11 42 in the sales section ..... knowing how stupid he is , he may listen to ridiculous offers for a Dive watch rated for 500 metres !!?? :thumbsup: :laugh:

Way out of budget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, barkyboy said:

Way out of budget.

Depends just how stupid JOB is  --  (I've heard rumours :yes: )

Lot of watch (if you like the style) from a reputable, but not totally ubiquitous, manufacturer  --  being sold by a well regarded member of the forum.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, yokel said:

Depends just how stupid JOB is  --  (I've heard rumours :yes: )

Lot of watch (if you like the style) from a reputable, but not totally ubiquitous, manufacturer  --  being sold by a well regarded member of the forum.

My stupidity seems to fluctuate with the wind and seasons.....:to_become_senile:

1 hour ago, barkyboy said:

Way out of budget.

Perhaps..... :batman: , but then again no one ever pays full price for a rug in Tunis.....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Some idiot has listed a Breitling SuperOcean 11 42 in the sales section ..... knowing how stupid he is , he may listen to ridiculous offers for a Dive watch rated for 500 metres !!?? :thumbsup: :laugh:

If this idiot had the funds,I would snatch that idiots hand off :yes:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bonzodog said:

If this idiot had the funds,I would snatch that idiots hand off :yes:

^^^what he said :thumbs_up:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something obscure and at only about half your budget, but I bet nobody will have...

Detroit watch company. Based here in the US, utilizes ETA movements and they do a great job with subtlety and contrast. This is the GMT I've been eyeing, but there's a standard diver also available, basically the same look and layout, minus the GMT hand and lettering on the dial.

I love the hands sets they use, just never see them on anything, same with their dial layouts, bezel, etc. Very unique yet identifiably a diver. That's not easy to achieve these days.

large.43mm_GMT_Diver_layouts15.jpg.af1f483bafcb684a0c5ac449356d9648.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JayDeep said:

Something obscure and at only about half your budget, but I bet nobody will have...

Detroit watch company. Based here in the US, utilizes ETA movements and they do a great job with subtlety and contrast. This is the GMT I've been eyeing, but there's a standard diver also available, basically the same look and layout, minus the GMT hand and lettering on the dial.

I love the hands sets they use, just never see them on anything, same with their dial layouts, bezel, etc. Very unique yet identifiably a diver. That's not easy to achieve these days.

large.43mm_GMT_Diver_layouts15.jpg.af1f483bafcb684a0c5ac449356d9648.jpg

The minute and hour hands are terrible, just my opinion of course.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PC-Magician said:

The minute and hour hands are terrible, just my opinion of course.

No no no, they're some of the best I've seen. I absolutely love them!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Rotundus said:

 

Stop mucking about !

The rotund one speaketh words of wisdom.... these are awesome .... 

@barkyboy ... after a bit of serious consideration on this Topic.... if you pass up on selling a relative and offering me £1800 on the SuperOcean then I would look into Oris seriously and try some on ... or .... buy one of these and a Hirsch James strap and with the change book a holiday in Sorento and arrange to visit Ercolano , Pompeii , and Vesuvius.... :

 

sub_image_1.jpg

Edited by JonnyOldBoy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

The rotund one speaketh words of wisdom.... these are awesome .... 

@barkyboy ... after a bit of serious consideration on this Topic.... if you pass up on selling a relative and offering me £1800 on the SuperOcean then I would look into Oris seriously and try some on ... or .... buy one of these and a Hirsch James strap and with the change book a holiday in Sorento and arrange to visit Heraclion , Pompeii , and Vesuvius.... :

 

sub_image_1.jpg

Hah! Jokes on you, the sun's rays don't penetrate 200m into the ocean, so he'd have to charge the watch BEFORE going into the water.

What happens is he plans on spending a month or more at that depth?

Quid pro bono. Cheque, mate.

The SuperOcean on the other hand ....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mrzee said:

How about an Oris Aquis? Gorgeous watches and there was one for sale on here.

Got one and I concur, punches above its weight (which is substantial!).

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For £1500 I'd be seriously considering a Sinn. One of the U1s or EZMs would be my choice:

medium_599112379-fs-sinn-ezm3-1540924186

2nd choice - an Eterna Kontiki 1973:

medium_290115203-fsot-eterna-heritage-su

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PC-Magician said:

The minute and hour hands are terrible, 

I hate them. :dummyspit:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lampoc said:

For £1500 I'd be seriously considering a Sinn. One of the U1s or EZMs would be my choice:

medium_599112379-fs-sinn-ezm3-1540924186

2nd choice - an Eterna Kontiki 1973:

medium_290115203-fsot-eterna-heritage-su

That Sinn is gorgeous!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...