• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I've just bought an Airmaster 309 which seems legit and completely as described on ebay! Who dares wins every now and then. 

On topic, it has a ETA 2878 which puts it between 1969 and 1982 by my research as it was discontinued. It also aligns to the model dates that I've found from Titoni too. But there are many advertised with 2836-2 movements, and the red flower on the dial. 

This one doesn't have the red painted flower. So any boffins know about dating in the model run?

Pics later... All in very happy. It wants a clean and a little fettle on the bracelet end links is all

Ahhh! The magical world of eBay Titonis, where fakes and redials are more common than genuine examples! The original Airmasters were first produced in 1969 and after that it's pretty much impossible to date them I'm afraid.

I look forward to the pictures :)

I'll also use this thread as an excuse to post up a few of my favourite Titonis. I think I have around 20-ish at the moment :tongue:

DSC-0440.jpg

titoni4.jpg

titoni1.jpg

titoni2.jpg

titoni3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well here it is. I've done some homework on it and been looking for one for a while. Unmolested and a bit rough around the edges is fine with me. 

My presumption is rthe lacquer has yellowed and aged which I rather like

47760079401_52907df213_b.jpgTitoni Airmaster by Alex Bennett, on Flickr

• Like 1

Tit....oni dating.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, al_kaholik said:

@Lampoc any thoughts? 

The bracelet isn't original to the watch but other than that it looks fine. Is the chapter ring missing? Hard to see in the pictures.

There doesn't look to be a chapter ring with any markings though there is a clear band of metal visible beneath the crystal. 

I had my suspicion over the bracelet and clasp (though the clasp is signed) however its very comfortable. I may investigate further... Have also thought about a strap... 

3 hours ago, al_kaholik said:

There doesn't look to be a chapter ring with any markings though there is a clear band of metal visible beneath the crystal. 

I had my suspicion over the bracelet and clasp (though the clasp is signed) however its very comfortable. I may investigate further... Have also thought about a strap... 

Yes, the band of metal. For some reason I thought I could see the edges of the dial.

Think its an optical illusion. All in still very happy with it. Perfect size and scratches the itch for the moment :)

Edited by al_kaholik