• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

For those who want the look without the Price Tag ..these may be of some interest...but I would recommend if you see something that takes your fancy shop around on the well known Auction sites as they can be found much cheaper than buying direct...:thumbsup:

https://parnis.org/collections?utm_source=PARNIS+WATCH+CO.&utm_campaign=8752ac73d9-SHIPPING+UPDATE+(CNY)_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_dba812780f-8752ac73d9-65979803&goal=0_dba812780f-8752ac73d9-65979803&mc_cid=8752ac73d9&mc_eid=e52c41706c

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

A company with absolutely no shame whatsoever! I've little doubt that the same factories produce those models with "different" brand names on the dial too.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lampoc said:

A company with absolutely no shame whatsoever! I've little doubt that the same factories produce those models with "different" brand names on the dial too.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of Flattery that Mediocrity can pay to greatness" 

I find their Honesty refreshing rather than going down the "Homage" route that so many find comfort in...

• Confused 1

they must be alright @mach 0.0013137 has a few. And he knows what he is doing i think?:tumbleweed:

or were doomed!

Image result for doomed scottish dads army

At least they aint German.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Speedy112 said:

"Imitation is the sincerest form of Flattery that Mediocrity can pay to greatness" 

I find their Honesty refreshing rather than going down the "Homage" route that so many find comfort in...

Refreshing honesty? I'm not sure if you're joking or not...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lampoc said:

he must be...unless hes on about the fact they've put penis on the dial and someones not put rolex or omega on...which without too much stretch of the imagination may go on allegedly with their creations? Possibly. In which case stamping the as saint sinners or parnis is maybe honest? Never the less they are maybe a creation to allow then copying with impunity.  

Edited by Nigelp
i meant penis not parnis and vis a vis

8 hours ago, Speedy112 said:

For those who want the look without the Price Tag ..these may be of some interest...but I would recommend if you see something that takes your fancy shop around on the well known Auction sites as they can be found much cheaper than buying direct...:thumbsup:

https://parnis.org/collections?utm_source=PARNIS+WATCH+CO.&utm_campaign=8752ac73d9-SHIPPING+UPDATE+(CNY)_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_dba812780f-8752ac73d9-65979803&goal=0_dba812780f-8752ac73d9-65979803&mc_cid=8752ac73d9&mc_eid=e52c41706c

I actually recommend that you do not shop around for other "gray market" dealers of Parnis. They use Parnis parts but are not built by Parnis and they lack the quality. I know, I've done it many times. Unless it's quartz, stay away from other dealers of Parnis. I recommend going straight to the source. They are, at least, of reasonable quality for what you pay, which is only about $10-20 more than elsewhere.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

"gray market"

for a minute then i thought you were on about...

i had an awful vision of you getting all this lot on here, to shop for parnis on the gay market. It must be you going on about that rainbow strap last night. 

Phew...dont do that jay

:tumbleweed::swoon:

it will come up baron

• Haha 1

I think milsub homages are not too bad, because that was an MOD spec, but it seems weird to want a 'pretend' watch.  However, I inadvertently bought a homage to an Omega AT model that few people (including me) had seen before, because I just thought it looked Japanese (others didn't); but I am sure that the 'fang' indices are inspired by one Seiko range (monsters), and the embossed stripes on the white dial by another Seiko range ('Karesansui'), so who can lay claim? And was no Rolex ever inspired by the design of another watch, and have none developed technology from another pioneer? It's murky really.  But these Parnis are mostly just blatant rip-offs.  IMHO It's better to find something more 'original' you like, or at least something with a twist.

57 minutes ago, Speedy112 said:

I guess it depends on where you draw the lines between homage, legit and fake. I find Parnis to be homage watches, completely. And I have no problems with owning said homages, at all. I do have a problem with owning fakes. Not because they do anything to take money out of the pockets of the originators, because they don't, that's fact. Nobody who buys a fake can at all or would even try to afford the real deal, that's just silly to think otherwise. No, I have a problem with it because they are pretenders that do often attempt, or are at least used to attempt to dupe unsuspecting buyers into thinking they paid for the real thing. Again, this where it's important to define the lines you draw. I don't consider homages pretending. I consider Parnis, Alpha and the like to be homages. Yes they directly copy the designs of other manufacturers, but come on, so do many highly respected companies, including, mostly, a bunch of micro brands and startups. Everyone takes their design cues from someone or something else. Very few innovate. Those that do deserve their respects. Still, not everyone can afford the cost associated with this. Some that can are too smart to on such a vastly depreciating asset.

Anyway, haters are going to hate and those that do are the ones who buy high end things as signs of their superiority. They do it as status symbols. They play games with themselves and attempt to fool you into thinking that they have some sort of moral high ground, but really, they're just worthless virtue signaling cephalopods, craving and desperate for attention.

End of story, don't ever support the fake industry. Do support the homage and legitimate industry.

As you may have gathered I rather like Parnis watches & have found some of them to be excellent. They are obviously not to everyone`s taste & some people take real exception to them but to me it`s just...

Image result for water off a duck's back

:tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Nigelp said:

i had an awful vision of you getting all this lot on here, to shop for parnis on the gay market. It must be you going on about that rainbow strap last night. 

Phew...dont do that jay

:tumbleweed::swoon:

it will come up baron

Miss out the r and what the spell check does to Parnis, be careful before you hit search. You never know what may pop up. Wait a minute you rascal, GREY market. :nono:

@JayDeep Gray is a surname. Naughty.

11 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Miss out the r and what the spell check does to Parnis, be careful before you hit search. You never know what may pop up. Wait a minute you rascal, GREY market. :nono:

@JayDeep Gray is a surname. Naughty.

Grey and gray are both accepted in the English language. They refer to a color of a neutral tone between black and white, and can also be used metaphorically to convey gloom and dullness. However, gray is the more popular spelling in the US, while greyreigns supreme in the UK.

2 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

Grey and gray are both accepted in the English language. They refer to a color of a neutral tone between black and white, and can also be used metaphorically to convey gloom and dullness. However, gray is the more popular spelling in the US, while greyreigns supreme in the UK.

I'll bare that in mind.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lampoc said:

The Chinese Government/Nation/Companies/Peoples have no real grasp of intellectual property rights so I guess we could all right a book about this and it would be very very long. The only thing honest about the Chinese watch industry is that they honestly don't give a monkeys about the international norms of commerce and ownership.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

The only thing honest about the Chinese watch industry is that they honestly don't give a monkeys about the international norms of commerce and ownership.

Payback.

No interest in owning one of these I would rather own a cheap original brand than a cheap copy of an expensive watch, and that's all they are, copies and one step away from a fake

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, JoT said:

No interest in owning one of these I would rather own a cheap original brand than a cheap copy of an expensive watch, and that's all they are, copies and one step away from a fake

I respect your views John &  others who are of the same opinion, however it won`t make me suddenly want to dispose of my Parnis & Alphas etc., each to their own as they say :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Interesting. Parnis always seems to be a "light the touch paper" topic. There are plenty of other "lookie likeies" out there, why does this particular brand draw so much flak ? And no, I don't want one in the same way I don't want an Explorer "tribute", but I've got a Steihart diver, so that makes me a raging hypocrite.

hqdefault.jpg

I`m rather impressed with these,imo their build quality is excellent & they have Japanese (Miyota) movements.... 

955727846_PARNISMilitare51Chronograph(JapaneseMiyotaquartzmovement).thumb.gif.17edc631d246869a945f2d83826e93f6.gifParnis-Chrono-DSC_0033.thumb.gif.9babb99b3ee7a8ebeb9eca4008697073.gif1180774922_ParnisMilitare60Chronograph(JapaneseMiyotaquartzmovement).thumb.gif.12091daa872968fcf57fdafcd805669d.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 4

Parnis have done some original designs before too. Still do. So it's not like you can say that everything they do is a direct copy. I think many of us tend to be too harsh and judgemental, too quickly, when we even see or hear the name Parnis. But, as always, to each their own. You spend your money on what makes you happy and I'll do the same.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

I`m rather impressed with these, imo build quality is excellent & they have Japanese (Miyota) movements.... 

955727846_PARNISMilitare51Chronograph(JapaneseMiyotaquartzmovement).thumb.gif.17edc631d246869a945f2d83826e93f6.gif

Now THAT ^ looks excellent, and as far as I can tell, it's not an homage or copy of anything else out there (Davey P sits down and waits for someone to step in and post a pic of something that looks exactly like it, but for 10 times the price... :whistle: :laughing2dw: ) 

Nothing wrong with Parnis IMHO.  As long as they don't use the original branding and logos, they can't be classed as fakes, and they're not fooling anyone anyway, so who cares?  Life's too short to get bent out of shape over these things, move along, nothing to see here... :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Just looked up Parnis on the urban dictionary :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorry Mach

• Like 1
  • Haha 5