• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

13 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

I'm up for a cheap Ferrari homage if you can recommend one. :laugh:

I saw a Ferrari, a Lambo and an Aston Martin parked in a line today in Chelsea ..... parked opposite was an MX5. Of the four cars , the Mazda was the one that looked really cool.... funny really.

1 minute ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

I saw a Ferrari, a Lambo and an Aston Martin parked in a line today in Chelsea ..... parked opposite was an MX5. Of the four cars , the Mazda was the one that looked really cool.... funny really.

:laughing2dw::rolleyes:

yep you are the best comedian we have! that is well funny. 

:thumbs_up:

1 hour ago, Nigelp said:

:laughing2dw::rolleyes:

yep you are the best comedian we have! that is well funny. 

:thumbs_up:

Nope seriously.... Me and my Bruv both agreed .... the MX is the "cool" car ... the others looked vulgar. Especially parked outside of Jaeger , which incidentally furnished me with an exquisite PeaCoat....

5 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

You've got more chances of winning the lottery or me owning a real Ferrari than for twenty quid getting a genuine Seiko movement 

ferrari-288-gto-toyota-mr2-1.jpg?width=8

You're probably right, but this particular watch they normally sell for sixty quid upwards, but this one they started at 99p with a finishing time when most UK ebay users are fast asleep, hence me getting it for a fiver plus postage. They dont make their own movements to the best of my knowledge, so it'll probably be one of the three I mentioned and that's fine. I've got a nice Ferrari for sale, £19.99 to the right buyer :partytime:

Parnis have achieved something of spectacular note worthiness. They have managed to produce $50-$100 watches from die cast Zamak ( or similar ) and plated them in such a way as they look and feel like steel watches. For novelty value alone that is fairly applaudable. Of course the watches won't last longer that their first serious knock but the finish achieved in the first instance is convincing. 

I am assuming that Parnis would not be tempted to use that for their "Premium" range seeing as they charge more for them .....

12 minutes ago, Speedy112 said:

Maybe of use to those interested..03aef2c08adfb27b9792e28fe298da9a.jpg this is from the Official Parnis Website ..F.A.Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who in their right mind would pay $109 for a die-cast metal watch !? There is a missing decimal point there surely.......

1 hour ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Who in their right mind would pay $109 for a die-cast metal watch !? There is a missing decimal point there surely.......

Better off with fine wine and Belgian chocolate.

swiss-toni.jpg

And a big Parnis for the lady's.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Who in their right mind would pay $109 for a die-cast metal watch !?

I seem to remember my childhood Dinky/Corgi cars had "die-cast" as one of their selling points.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

I seem to remember my childhood Dinky/Corgi cars had "die-cast" as one of their selling points.

These were my favourites :

1977-uk-c-ex-359_360.png?w=702

2 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Nobody, because it's not true. 

2 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

£55 delivered. :wicked: :crazy5vh:

latest?cb=20130716234341

Owners club, that is. :laughing2dw:

3 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Parnis have achieved something of spectacular note worthiness. They have managed to produce $50-$100 watches from die cast Zamak ( or similar ) and plated them in such a way as they look and feel like steel watches. For novelty value alone that is fairly applaudable. Of course the watches won't last longer that their first serious knock but the finish achieved in the first instance is convincing. 

I am assuming that Parnis would not be tempted to use that for their "Premium" range seeing as they charge more for them .....

I don't believe that Jonny. I have had some Parnis watches for a number of years, and other owners on such websites have had theirs for a lot longer. I believe there are certain watch enthusiasts who can't get their heads around a manufacturer producing watches of a high spec for little money, as it kind of goes against everything they have believed in the past. 

As previously mentioned I spend most of my working life as a senior retailer. Our buyers would take a £200 brand named garment to one of our factories and request they produce an identical garment with the same spec for a quarter of the price. Of course, the labelling and colours were different. The garment it's self was every bit as good as the branded item, yet people still insisted on spending 4 times as much. This was about perception. Your perception of Parnis is low for two reasons. 1. they are made in China,  2. They are inexpensive, and thus must be rubbish. 

Parnis watches are not without faults, as their lume is normally a bit rubbish, some of their clasps are poor, and if the watch has a Chinese movement it may not be lubricated. Other than those factors they offer incredible value for money. The previous post indicating there are two qualities of Parnis is incorrect propaganda. Parnis.org claim to be the genuine manufacturer of Parnis watches, and that isn't true. All Parnis watches are franchised, and whilst it's true the qualities may vary, Parnis.org are no better than some of the other producers. In fact, Parnis.org are well known for their poor customer service, unlike the supplier I use. 

16 minutes ago, Mrs Wiggles said:

Nobody, because it's not true. 

Its on their website !! 

1 minute ago, Mrs Wiggles said: Your perception of Parnis is low for two reasons. 1. they are made in China,  2. They are inexpensive, and thus must be rubbish. 

The previous post indicating there are two qualities of Parnis is incorrect propaganda. 

IT'S ON THEIR WEBSITE !!!

4 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Its on their website !! 

IT'S ON THEIR WEBSITE !!!

No, it's on the Parnis.org website. Parnis.org are not Parnis, they are simply one of their manufacturers. If they were actually Parnis they would not be slagging off their own franchised product. Parnis.org are simply one of the franchises who claim to be the only true manufacturers, but this isn't true. 

7 minutes ago, Mrs Wiggles said:

No, it's on the Parnis.org website. Parnis.org are not Parnis, they are simply one of their manufacturers. If they were actually Parnis they would not be slagging off their own franchised product. Parnis.org are simply one of the franchises who claim to be the only true manufacturers, but this isn't true. 

Bollux

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parnis_Watches

This Parnis lark is becoming an Education..Will the Real Parnis please stand up please stand up if there is One.....You mean there are Copies of Copies of Copies all made from different component's and differing materials and those who consume such products are expected to be able to tell the difference from a picture which may or may not be the Genuine copy of the copy or vice versa.:crazy5vh: 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Speedy112 said:

This Parnis lark is becoming an Education..Will the Real Parnis please stand up please stand up if there is One.....You mean there are Copies of Copies of Copies all made from different component's and differing materials and those who consume such products are expected to be able to tell the difference from a picture which may or may not be the Genuine copy of the copy or vice versa.:crazy5vh: 

Well certainly it seems you can buy a $5 Zinc Alloy Parnis watch for a hundred bucks at the very least which is certainly an education.

53 minutes ago, Mrs Wiggles said:

Oh and to confirm you genuinely are confused over all this Parnis stuff... here is YOUR watch you showcased TODAY on the WRUW thread ... here it is ...

https://parnis.org/collections/new-models/products/colt-33