• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

7 minutes ago, Speedy112 said:

I like the way the  @.org website shows you in the bottom left corner who has just made a purchase where they are from and what piece they have chosen..or is it just fake..

I've noticed Thomas Earnshaw website does that as well.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Wiggles said:

Have posted on several sites for a number of years, and it always does. Parnis broke the mould by producing watches with a relatively high specification for a low price, and there are those who just won't accept them. Of course, it's just Parnis, it's Chinese watches in general. Phoibios and Heimdallr make some fantastic watches, but many watch enthusiasts will condemn them without ever actually handling one. It's not surprising that it happens in other industries. People will happily spend a £1000 on an iphone, when Xiaomi make something equally as good with similar spec for 40% of the price. The iphone lovers will tell you the Xiaomi is rubbish, without ever using one. It's the way of the world, and I doubt things will ever change

Courses for horses ,I think there is room for all tastes and budgets in this hobby.

35 minutes ago, Mrs Wiggles said:

but many watch enthusiasts will condemn them without ever actually handling one. 

..... and some enthusiasts will call them out having handled one with a wonky crystal and who saw the very same watch a month later being put into a bin after the crown stem snapped ..... and who then did some research and came to the obvious conclusions with regards risks. 

I am always going to trust my own experiences and research rather than the word of someone with relatively low standards and poor eyesight.

10 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

@JonnyOldBoyI know you like having the last word, but you're banging your head off the wall with this one. Give up, and buy a Parnis.

I did actually buy the one my mate chucked in the bin for a quid .... I soooooooooo wish I had kept it,  but it got "up cycled". A parent of one of my former students converted it into a paper weight ( true ).  So my last word on this will be this : " The last time I saw that lad I can honestly say it was one of the nicest looking paperweights I have ever seen"

2 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

..... and some enthusiasts will call them out having handled one with a wonky crystal and who saw the very same watch a month later being put into a bin after the crown stem snapped ..... and who then did some research and came to the obvious conclusions with regards risks. 

I am always going to trust my own experiences and research rather than the word of someone with relatively low standards and poor eyesight.

Is that another one of those things you have made up Jonny ?

Well my twenty quid special has arrived. The nato doesn't have the omega logo on the buckle as per the photo, probably a good thing, but is nice enough quality, and seat belt material, worth half my outlay roughly.

The case is solid stainless with an o-ring groove and o-ring behind the case back, and a screw down crown which also has an o-ring. Neither of which means its waterproof of course, but they are there at least. Machining and finish is pretty good for the cost.

The crystal is flat with a cyclops and appears to be sapphire, but this I cant verify.

Lume isn't bad, nicely applied to the indices. Hands and dial nice quality, again allowing for the price.

The bezel is unidirectional without a great action, but I've come across far far worse. The insert is high gloss and etched not printed, not bad at all.

The movement is a generic Chinese Mingzhu, a slight disappointment but again, at the price what the heck. It has handwind and hacking aswell as being automatic.

£20.09! Not bad at all, but I wouldn't have been so happy if I'd paid the sixty and upwards they ask via buy it now. An Amphibia or Seiko 5 would be a far better bet, both in quality and far cooler.

14 hours ago, Allthingsmustpass said:

Well my twenty quid special has arrived. The nato doesn't have the omega logo on the buckle as per the photo, probably a good thing, but is nice enough quality, and seat belt material, worth half my outlay roughly.

The case is solid stainless with an o-ring groove and o-ring behind the case back, and a screw down crown which also has an o-ring. Neither of which means its waterproof of course, but they are there at least. Machining and finish is pretty good for the cost.

The crystal is flat with a cyclops and appears to be sapphire, but this I cant verify.

Lume isn't bad, nicely applied to the indices. Hands and dial nice quality, again allowing for the price.

The bezel is unidirectional without a great action, but I've come across far far worse. The insert is high gloss and etched not printed, not bad at all.

The movement is a generic Chinese Mingzhu, a slight disappointment but again, at the price what the heck. It has handwind and hacking aswell as being automatic.

£20.09! Not bad at all, but I wouldn't have been so happy if I'd paid the sixty and upwards they ask via buy it now. An Amphibia or Seiko 5 would be a far better bet, both in quality and far cooler.

But even for 60 quid who else would give a watch with a quality NATO, a sapphire crystal, 316L case, and a hand wind hackable movement?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Wiggles said:

But even for 60 quid who else would give a watch with a quality NATO, a sapphire crystal, 316L case, and a hand wind hackable movement?

Probably no one that's true. But I'd still swap it for an Amphibia or 5, but then I'm a big fan of both of those to start with.