• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Well I finally did it, all the parts came in for one of my Vostoks I've been planning to mod. Took about 15 minutes, was super simple. New bezel, insert and case back.

The back and bezel made it thicker, by a lot, which was much needed for me. The lifted bezel also provides much more protection for the soft acrylic crystal, which I love. The insert looks much nicer and ties in the red of the seconds hand much better than the original. Eventually I'll have to replace the strap, once I find something I like.

large.20190510_130436_HDR-1.jpg.f532181603164b2e5b8faa6828fdcb00.jpglarge.20190510_130422_HDR-1.jpg.61311b68d7c10d2797098f8936ab0fac.jpglarge.20190510_130517_HDR-1.jpg.2dcb626ede5ed65888a51697c593b592.jpglarge.20190510_130330_HDR-1.jpg.bcfceecd77984fa843727c5eb358d1df.jpglarge.20190510_130339_HDR-1.jpg.12c45ee7b54c31b112adc284b7276706.jpg

• Like 9

Liking the choice of a bold colour insert , as you said it ties in with the red of the second hand . 

Display caseback is also very a very good decision . Well done :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, jsud2002 said:

Liking the choice of a bold colour insert , as you said it ties in with the red of the second hand . 

Display caseback is also very a very good decision . Well done :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, I'm excited to get my second one finally in so I can do something with it, but a different edge to the bezel and a ceramic insert with luminous markings. Should look pretty rad!

• Like 2

Nice one Jay, looks good - do you feel more connected with the watch because you customised it?

• Thanks 1

Looks great i would love to try modding at some point, glad your happy with it

Dean

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, gimli said:

Looks good. What vostok is that ? modern or vintage ?

Modern, part of the Vostok Amphibia Classic lineup, 120656

7 hours ago, ry ry said:

Nice one Jay, looks good - do you feel more connected with the watch because you customised it?

Yes definitely! It's my creation in a way. No I didn't Make the entire thing, but there's enough altered here to Ve considered my own. Put this side by side with the original and it's a night and day difference to me.

41 minutes ago, Migzy said:

Good work buddy. You'll have to do a dial change next. 

And hands! I would like to try making hands set changes at some point.

49 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

Modern, part of the Vostok Amphibia Classic lineup, 120656

Yes definitely! It's my creation in a way. No I didn't Make the entire thing, but there's enough altered here to Ve considered my own. Put this side by side with the original and it's a night and day difference to me.

And hands! I would like to try making hands set changes at some point.

Fiddly little buggers they are. Hope you've got lots of patience.

• Like 1