• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jet Jetski

Saturday 11th May - WRUW? (I'm up late, swapping straps.)

4 hours ago, JayDeep said:

Don't see near enough of these around anymore. Good one!!!

I've almost pulled the trigger on one of these so many times. The only reason I don't is because of the odd and lone green lume dot at the end of the date window. All the other luminous markers are white, except that one. It just clashes too much and stands out like a sore thumb. Otherwise a very nice looking piece.

Love my Bernhardt ,suppose having said that I better find it!...special editionlarge.61AA8237-0F1E-40FE-8F76-3D442B4133A9.jpeg.0a6a3c9cc51ffd66542dc41591e96db2.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

Capaccino Martinis with the LV tonight. 

Big M will be trollied again but we may as well finish off our holiday the way we started. 

:biggrin:

40859667813_25260c0356_b.jpg

at least its a real one i was getting to think this was the crap watch/fat face watch forum 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, yokel said:

Middle of May, and i was cuddled up to the Aga this morning  :huh:

jYDlcp3.jpg

that is very nice. 

5 hours ago, JayDeep said:

Don't see near enough of these around anymore. Good one!!!

I've almost pulled the trigger on one of these so many times. The only reason I don't is because of the odd and lone green lume dot at the end of the date window. All the other luminous markers are white, except that one. It just clashes too much and stands out like a sore thumb. Otherwise a very nice looking piece.

Jay, get one take it to bits and paint that bit white over the green, remove the Alpha logo and put on...oh hang on. 

Dont bother jay just get a fat face watch and break it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

at least its a real one i was getting to think this was the crap watch/fat face watch forum 

I did wonder why you kept posting your beaters! :whistle:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

I did wonder why you kept posting your beaters! :whistle:

i know its because I've got nowt any good. 

You?

:(

theyre all a bit worse for wear. 

• Haha 1

Sporting the new creation... Frankenphibia!!! Just gotta figure out the right strap for it. I'm actually kind of digging the stock silicone, to be honest.

large.20190511_132736-1.jpg.3e1040c0805b7e9db7ccebf19f964500.jpglarge.20190511_132821-1.jpg.e444fd973fa0e1e03b5572661d9fa25d.jpglarge.20190511_132731(1)-1.jpg.d7cacfa11654272d662ddb314bcb0827.jpglarge.20190510_130436_HDR-1.jpg.f532181603164b2e5b8faa6828fdcb00.jpg

Edited by JayDeep
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, JayDeep said:

I hadn't noticed that till it arrived. Ironically, it's also weaker lume than the other dots, or is on mine anyway. Other observations - it's a very blue shade of blue and I'm wondering about a different colour bezel insert, but I have no idea what. Also the combination of the textured face and the domed crystal seems to throw up shadows that look like it's dirty or even scuffed, when it isn't. The bezel was loose, which I knew about, but it suggests the mechanism isn't very robust. Otherwise, it seems solid and the bracelet is chunky, with a half-link instead of micro-adjustment, but it fits well for me. There's no branding I can see on the movement, though from what I've read, it's supposed to be Miyota. All-in-all, it's worth what I paid, but I don't think I'd buy one new.