• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
johnbaz

Lost screws from guard!

Hi all

A workmate bought this off fleabay some time ago, Both the screws came adrift and he lost them although he managed to find the actual guard!

He contacted Parnis by email, They told him they made two different grades of watches and that there was no warranty with the stuff they sold on Ebay and wouldn't supply parts :( (I think it's because there's no comeback on fleabay after a certain time has elapsed!)..

I have found some brass screws that are an imperial thread (Presume the lost ones are metric), they will start in the holes but before I cut them down and force them in would anyone know where I could get a couple of 'proper' ones from please?

He loves the watch but won't use it without the guard for fear of snapping the shaft by catching the large crown on something!

GuUIkK3.jpg

H1nO3ha.jpg

Cheers, John :)

1 hour ago, Nigelp said:

try bracelet ones out of a parnis or alpha this place might have them or even the correct ones. 

http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/homage-watches-uk

Cheers Nigel, I think I just found two that will do though on the belt clip of one of my Cree torches!! :laugh:

They screw in to the holes on the case but the heads are slightly to large in dia so the diamond needle files whist rotated in the drill should do the job!! :thumbsup:

Wasn't sure if the threads were long enough but when I pushed them in from the opposite side, There was enough, They will receive a coat of threadlock before they're screwed home!! (Well, The wife's nail varnish!!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stdape said:

They sell them here if no good

Where would that be please?

Cheers John :)

Hi all

I found a couple of screws in a cree torch, They held the pocket clip in place!! :laugh: