• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Seadweller80

MitchellTimepieces _Warthog is Live

I am ex-USAF veteran and developed Mitchell Timepieces through my passion for watches and military aircraft. We label ourselves as a Pilot brand  taking design cues from both modern and historic military aircraft.

What makes us different? Mitchell Timepieces didn’t start because someoneprovided me with a business loan, or grant, I started designing watches and buying parts until I had a watch that I thought was something unique and desirable.

I want my timepieces to be a tribute, not only to the men and women in the USAF that I served with, but in the bigger picture  men and women that stand up and say“Yes I will risk my life for a greater cause.” I am honouring them whether they are in USA, UK or Australia etc.

Our goal is to be a very exclusive brand, producing excellent watches of short runs of between 10 to 50 pieces. This allows us to have complete control over all aspects of production and quality control.

When I ship out a Mitchell Timepiece, I am putting my name on it. Each watch is designed and assembled in the United States using high quality watch movements and components.

I want you, our customers, to feel as proud to own a Mitchell Timepiece as we are to produce them.

smoqztduotp33hnk6wnf.jpg

Warthog    Indiegogo link:  https://igg.me/at/Mitchelltimepieces/x/20674763

The Warthog is our latest timepiece, named after the A-10 Thunderbolt – affectionally known as the ‘Warthog’ due to its endearing looks.

Anyone who has ever seen the Warthog in action knows how ‘in your face’ anddevasting a fighting vehicle it is – something that you’d never forget. Hence, I chose a large diameter case  with an emblem of the Warthog at the 10 position and a sub- second dial to represent the Gau-8 Avenger. I chose a slow-beat swiss movement as sure, the Warthog is not the fastest plane – but it’s as reliable as hell and willcarry on regardless of whatever is thrown at it.

The full Specs are:

44mm diameter 316L Stainless Steel Case Domed Sapphire Crystal with AR coating Manual Wind Eta 6498
Luminous dial and hands

Lug width 22mm
With each watch you will get a:

Hand Made leather straps in pilot style

Hand Made Watch rolls made from waxed canvas The options you have for the Warthog are:

Strap  Brown or Black leather strap
Seconds Hand 
 Green, White, Orange, Yellow or Red Case  Brushed SS or PVD black

* PVD Models do not have a riveted strap option at this time.

I know Mitchell Timepieces isn’t for everyone and I’m not trying to compete with the other Microbrands. I just want to produce timepieces that I find are interesting and I hope others will too.odhyumtqeitmifmedyuv.jpg

Modern watches are not my area of expertise at all, but I can recommend eating warthog if you ever get the chance.  I had some in Zimbabwe and it is delicious - I can't watch the Lion King without my mouth watering!

• Haha 2

I like that more every time I look at it - well done and good luck with the campaign

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm not entirely sold on the dial, (the stencil numbers aren't my bag), but it's unique and especially awesome that you're putting out a piece commemorating one of the best war warplanes of the last 50 years!

Good luck man.

• Like 1

Thanks,  the Design is much my style  I have a handful of designs similar to this concept.  B2 is a bit more clever styling but  yeah the Stencil style font is much my style as it reflects some of the military stylings.