• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Absolute

Buying a submariner

6 hours ago, Absolute said:

Lovely. If you don't mind me asking, did you buy this new?

Yes I did - in Amsterdam. On a rare excursion to follow my team (Tottenham) for the Champions League semi-final, I popped into an authorised dealer in the city on the afternoon and asked after the model (I've been looking for one for many months). The sales folk had a whispered consultation and then pulled one out of their stock cupboard for me. Absolutely gobsmacked - especially as the shop was mobbed with tourists asking for any stainless steel sports model - they told me the difference was my genuine interest only in the one model.

Combined with that night's result, it was one of the best days I think I've had!

12 hours ago, Halitosis said:

Yes I did - in Amsterdam. On a rare excursion to follow my team (Tottenham) for the Champions League semi-final, I popped into an authorised dealer in the city on the afternoon and asked after the model (I've been looking for one for many months). The sales folk had a whispered consultation and then pulled one out of their stock cupboard for me. Absolutely gobsmacked - especially as the shop was mobbed with tourists asking for any stainless steel sports model - they told me the difference was my genuine interest only in the one model.

Combined with that night's result, it was one of the best days I think I've had!

That's one way to celebrate! LOL. Fair play, I've never heard of something like that happening.

Hoping to beat you in the final, though.......... :)