• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
JayDeep

Another JayDeep giveaway, part 1

2 hours ago, richy176 said:

Your taste in watches will need to improve substantially but when it does you will want this.

There's no watch here @richy176... Want what?

• Haha 1

Thought long & hard and while the idea of a tuner of small Italian cars may not be terribly relevant on your side of the pond, and you'll probably be put off by the semi - skeletonised hands, what every collection needs is a watch with a scorpion on it.:thumbsup:

WOBih5.jpg

• Like 2

Well, based on your foray into modding. How about this

Vostok soft mods

I even started it off for you by swapping the bezel and insert.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JayDeep said:

There's no watch here @richy176... Want what?

A bit of suspense keeps life interesting :whistle:

large.omega-2010-olympics-thumb-660x880-22212.jpg.356a98df5a14a7de1553a5aaaa66d131.jpg

• Haha 2

Some really great and some really funny entries so far. I'm going to leave this for a week then make my decision. So you've got until next Wednesday guys.

20 hours ago, richy176 said:

A bit of suspense keeps life interesting :whistle:

large.omega-2010-olympics-thumb-660x880-22212.jpg.356a98df5a14a7de1553a5aaaa66d131.jpg

Lol indeed, but you mistake what you assume to be my taste in watches for what my willingness to pay for watches is. Don't worry, most of the guys on here so the same. Even though I make it very clear pretty much every day on here.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Laughing gravy said:

Jay How about the Widdop Quartz?  Wears a little big and the lume is rather poor.  More form over functionlarge.20181012_114524_001.jpg.a4cf19e1f1faa503d7fe30f9ba223861.jpg

He doesn't like NATO's.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JayDeep said:

Some really great and some really funny entries so far. I'm going to leave this for a week then make my decision. So you've got until next Wednesday guys.

Good timing mate, I'm working in Austria next week, so by the time you've posted them to me I should be back home and ready to receive my well deserved and hard fought prize... :laughing2dw:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Good timing mate, I'm working in Austria next week, so by the time you've posted them to me I should be back home and ready to receive my well deserved and hard fought prize... :laughing2dw::face-with-symbols-on-mouth:

:man-farmer::balance-scale:

• Haha 1

Well I've got nothing that a man of your excellent taste would have any interest in unless you send me the watches then I will have 3 you like even if temporarily with two of them!

Edited by niveketak
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, niveketak said:

Well I've got nothing that a man of your excellent taste would have any interest in unless you send me the watches then I will have 3 you like even if temporarily with two of them!

That's just lazy. Give it a shot, come on, give it a try at least Kev!

How do you feel about red dials?

IMG-0066-017.jpg

20180413-132508.jpg

Edited by Caller.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Caller. said:

IMG-0066-017.jpg

20180413-132508.jpg

Actually I need one. Lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JayDeep said:

That's just lazy. Give it a shot, come on, give it a try at least Kev!

Ok would you like wiggly date pointer, moon phase, textured dial, triple date, blue hands and a Milanese type bracelet of a brand you will probably not have noticed before. There, me trying my best! (unfortunately "crystal" is not the none reflective type so taking a good image is impossible.)

bx1GCyf.jpg

7 hours ago, niveketak said:

Ok would you like wiggly date pointer, moon phase, textured dial, triple date, blue hands and a Milanese type bracelet of a brand you will probably not have noticed before. There, me trying my best! (unfortunately "crystal" is not the none reflective type so taking a good image is impossible.)

bx1GCyf.jpg

Lol that's actually gorgeous

• Thanks 1

think it wold be rude not to play, so I am coming in with one this, something you could read a book by at night its that luminous :biggrin: 

deano

rubberball1.jpg

Edited by deano1956
  • Like 2

A very fine gesture indeed Mr JayDeep :thumbs_up: 

I think you'd like this one from my collection. I'd love to say that it's working well & keeping excellent time for a nigh on 100 year old watch but I'd be lying :( It works OK when stationary but stops constantly when worn on the wrist. I do like it though so I've made a stand for it & it now resides on the windowsill in my office where it loses approximately 10 minutes a day :( but also find the loud tick strangely comforting :)    

XcgVqKi.jpg

Edited by pauluspaolo
  • Like 1

On 18/05/2019 at 15:44, Caller. said:

IMG-0066-017.jpg

20180413-132508.jpg

That is actually that perfect it is making me feel ill!

I may have to sell one of the kids, Im sure their mother will understand.   Although she doesnt always understand when I buy a new strap..............................

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Laughing gravy said:

That is actually that perfect it is making me feel ill!

:thumbsup:

On the subject of red dials, I nearly bought this...

bulova-mens-accutron-ii-surveyor-chronog

Because it's pretty cute. Picked up a red dial Orient instead and promptly fucked it up. Divine intervention? I think so.

Edited by ry ry
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

For the man who prides himself in moving in a different direction to the majority.

Plus there's a handy reminder under the 12 of a tasty teatime snack.661a514792dab1f9ad3040d0fd4dae35.jpg

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Eski said:

For the man who prides himself in moving in a different direction to the majority.

Plus there's a handy reminder under the 12 of a tasty teatime snack.661a514792dab1f9ad3040d0fd4dae35.jpg

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

You know me too well, too soon. Lol

I've always considered myself a contrary man, and yes proudly so. Just the vanity in me. I don't do it for spite or to be difficult, but the first major lesson I remember learning about life was that when something is generally accepted or agreed upon by the masses, it's usually, detrimentally wrong. So it's my nature to dig deeper, to consider and to present the opposing alternative.

But, with watches, I'm just on my own timeline, that's all. Still trying to figure out how to end it so I can stop hemorrhaging money. Lol

^^

That's a totally refreshing and honest piece of self-analysis that for me says you are a positive individual :notworthy:

6 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

..when something is generally accepted or agreed upon by the masses, it's usually, detrimentally wrong..

Like Brexit? :whistle:

Apologies guys. Ignore me. I don't want to ignite a Brexit debate!

• Haha 1

Bit late to the party but here is my contribution.

Swiss automatic chronograph at under £500 When it was new. Oh and it's 45 mm. 

swcA48q.jpg

• Like 1