• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Matthew999

New Arrival

Hi all,

Yesterday received my latest piece, a Seiko Samurai SRPB49K1. Having wanted one of these since a friend bought the Dawn Grey version, I managed to find it brand new online from a jeweller with a 25% discount. I am very pleased and if anyone has considered one of these, I would definitely recommend it :thumbsup:

Cheers

2qu8c60.jpg

• Like 14

Great looking watch. :thumbsup:

I have the SRPB51K1, echo your sentiments fantastic watch although would say it is a big watch and might not suit ithose with smaller wrists.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Matthew999 said:

Hi all,

Yesterday received my latest piece, a Seiko Samurai SRPB49K1. Having wanted one of these since a friend bought the Dawn Grey version, I managed to find it brand new online from a jeweller with a 25% discount. I am very pleased and if anyone has considered one of these, I would definitely recommend it :thumbsup:

Cheers

2qu8c60.jpg

Can you point us in the direction of the Jeweller please?.  I need one of those.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Laughing gravy said:

Can you point us in the direction of the Jeweller please?.  I need one of those.

Agreed

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Laughing gravy said:

It was from Simpkins, Here.

Just looking it now says out of stock!

Would definitely recommend them though, ordered Monday evening and arrived by 1300 on Wednesday with tags and everything you would expect :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Matthew999 said:

Hi all,

Cheers

2qu8c60.jpg

I love the samurai, it's imo the best of the prospex range - the hands and the angles on the case are great. And that dial is ace too.

The only thing about that whole thing im not in love with is the cropped 3 o'clock index, and since that's deliberately like that it's entirely subjective. Nice watch :)

Edited by ry ry
  • Thanks 1

loverly dial and crown, whats the lume like

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Very nice! I had the 'Blue Lagoon'...

Seiko Samurai 'Blue Lagoon' Limited Editon.

I like this model a lot. Did you sell it?

5 hours ago, bowie said:

loverly dial and crown, whats the lume like

Lume is good, I will try and get a photo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Matthew999 said:

I like this model a lot. Did you sell it?

I did sell it quite quickly (within a week) as I couldn't get on with the hands...I preferred the handset that was on the original Samurais. I also sold a Baby Tuna for exactly the same reason. So why did I buy them in the first place? Mainly because at the time I thought I would get over the hands, but I just couldn't...and Seiko seemed to be using these particular hands on every new diver style watch they were producing. However, with hindsight, that was a big mistake and I do wish I hadn't been so hasty moving the Blue Lagoon on as I do quite like the handset now. :thumbsup:

• Like 1