• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
rhaythorne

Alpha "1926"

It was a quiet evening on the bridge of the USS TWF when, suddenly!

Worf:  "Captain!  Sensors detect a cheap Chinese "homage" off the starboard bow.  These beings are without honour!"

Picard:  "Red alert!  Raise Shields!  Charge all phaser banks!  Arm Photon Torpedoes!"

Geordie:  "We could reconfigure the forward sensor array to emit a phased, Tacheon pulse to reveal any presence of a cloaked Parnis."

Picard:  "Make it so."

Data:  "Current Sensor readings detect no hostile intentions."

Picard:  "Hmm, very well.  Open a communications channel.  On screen"

Star%20Trek.jpg

OK, panic over.  This is, of course, a nod to the original Rolex Oyster from 1926.  Case size is increased to 40mm (36-38mm would have been better in my opinion) and it has a Seagull 2706 21-jewel automatic movement.  It looks and feels well put together, even the strap is nice quality, and it comes in a faux-suede/velvet travel pouch which is actually useful compared to the ridiculous oversized boxes some watches come in.  I like it.  It's not a blatant rip-off of a famous brand's current model and is more a thoughtful update of a classic design.  £88 from Alpha's Lithuanian distributor.

Alpha%201926.jpg

Let appreciation or derision commence :biggrin:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rhaythorne said:

Just you and me so far then :laugh:

Nope, count me in as well, that's a cracker mate  :notworthy:

• Thanks 1

Can you write an ending for the episode please.

Was Picard grabbed by the Parnis or was it a straight fight between the Enterprise and Alpha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, rhaythorne said:

Just you and me so far then :laugh:

Keep on looking at that one, but I've got another Shanghai on the way. There was/is a UK seller flogging them on eBay for around the same money. Looks good, agree on the size, 36mm would be better. :thumbsup:

Black dial too.

s-l400.jpg

Bit cheeky with the "Omega" hands.

Edited by WRENCH
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Bit cheeky with the "Omega" hands.

I wondered if anyone would spot the "Omega" hands.  Are they really Omega hands or Alpha hands if you look at them sideways on?  Obviously they couldn't use the actual Alpha symbol as that's not symmetrical and would look really odd.  I looked around for an Omega model with hands like that but couldn't find one.  My eyesight is so rubbish I can barely discern the tiny "feet" of the symbols so, to me, they just look like sort of skeletonised cathedral hands.

4 hours ago, PC-Magician said:

Can you write an ending for the episode please.

Was Picard grabbed by the Parnis or was it a straight fight between the Enterprise and Alpha.

That would make his eyes water, being grabbed by the Parnis.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1