• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
stdape

Thomas Russell help needed

Got a Thomas Russell i stripped down as not running right. Problem i have i took the part out and the 3 parts were stuck and fell out of place !!! What i need is someone who can guide me where the spring goes? (Spring placed near parts i think i have in right. Its a lovely Full Hunter Gold Plated in great condition just i as usual got stuck as not sure on where it goes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/shqqyl9d980m0rk/DSCN0534.JPG?dl=0

lZTRCwQs.jpg

If i may ask, what was not running right? If it is the winding/settinf function, the problem usually is the fixing position of the winding stem, which is a part of the case, and, mast be adjusted there...

It was running irregular kept stopping so stripped it down to give a good clean. The problem is not sure where the little round spring locates?. Taken a few Thomas Russell movements apart, but this one has a different winding mechanism. one i have not seen before on any pocket watch! Annoying problem as rest is easy,

Odd i found a movement the same, similar and it seems that does not have a spring like one shown above. So where/why how it got there i have no idea !!! so hopefully all should be ok, which would make sense as nowhere it could have fitted. I will put it down to a previous repair (not me) as bought like it is, and was dropped in there which might explain why was not running all the time. So fingers crossed, once headache shifted carry on with re-assemble.

Sorry Neven never looked :ooops: One day will grow a Brain Cell :)

Must be the other Movement is missing that part. Hopefully re-assemble today.

No problem, this spring is an 'easy to make', out of guitar string...

I wonder, how You know my name? Yes, it is in my nickname, but still I wonder... People know me in Bulgaria an may be in Russia, but this here is the first time I wrote something in english-writing forum...