• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Omega seamaster 2018 or bb58

Always loved the seamaster in blue they are available for £2400 new on chrono24. I also like the bb58 which is I believe £2600. In my eyes the omega looks a lot more expensive in the flesh what are peoples thoughts?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It really comes down to personal taste. I just don't like the crown on a lot of the Tudor models as, for me, it looks like an after thought rather than part of the design. Also not a great fan of the

You could also see if you could source an older SMP 2231.80, calibre 1120. The serial no. dates this one of mine to 1999-2000. Case and bracelet are titanium. Electric blue dial (it was also available

Well.

Posted Images

It really comes down to personal taste. I just don't like the crown on a lot of the Tudor models as, for me, it looks like an after thought rather than part of the design. Also not a great fan of the hour hand.

Only own one Seamaster and it has a white dial but I do like some of the blue ones.

large.omega-2010-olympics-thumb-660x880-22212.jpg.356a98df5a14a7de1553a5aaaa66d131.jpg

• Like 4

It's all a matter of taste. I like a plain bracelet, solid hands, and a watch that sits perfectly on my wrist. So The Tudor suits me. You will of course notice this is the larger Black Bay, and it does not wear flat on my wrist, in fact it is most comfortable, which highlights the importance of getting out and trying on what you crave and make your own mind up. :thumbsup:large.15569964873353469828263016496332.jpg.8987c8d92c23b2288ced885b161f8c94.jpglarge.20180624_063835_kindlephoto-968499.jpg.144842cfb978fff37e07c16d1150b0f2.jpg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Vindolanda said:

I’d say the SMPc but only if you don’t need or want to use the lume. The skeleton hands aren’t much use in the dark.

Really I've never had a problem seeing it in the dark.

image.jpeg

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

IYou will of course notice this is the larger Black Bay, and it does not wear flat on my wrist, in fact it is most comfortable, which highlights the importance of getting out and trying on what you crave and make your own mind up. :thumbsup:

This is of course the best advice .... you have to try these on. From my personal experience and the experiences of watch friends , the Tudors sits best on wrists that are slightly more oval in cross section and the Omegas sit best on rounder wrists. This is of course not an exact science but it explains my situation with these watches and a couple of my mates.

Also , I think there is a careful balance between how stunning a watch may look initially , and how it may delight or tire the eyes over time. It one of the reasons I bought the inky black SMP300M and not the newer ones.... also I think for Tudors , the Black and Steel bezel versions are more likely to be keepers for those with smaller watch collections than the Red,Blue,Greens,Pepsis etc etc.

Value for money and how "expensive" they look I would say is about evens on those two....

• Thanks 1

SMP vote here as well.

I love the Snowflake Tudor hands much more than the skeletonized SMP, but the case shape and bracelet of the SMP is damn near perfect, and those skeletonized hands are just part of the iconic package that is the Omega SMP.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either, at all. So happy hunting and definitely try them both on if you can.

4 hours ago, mcb2007 said:

Really I've never had a problem seeing it in the dark.

image.jpeg

That looks like dusk / shade and recently charged lume though. Try telling the time in the middle of the night. Pretty hard with skeleton hands.

1 hour ago, Vindolanda said:

That looks like dusk / shade and recently charged lume though. Try telling the time in the middle of the night. Pretty hard with skeleton hands.

It is my watch and I have read the time in the early hours , so I will leave it here . That's unless you show me yours at let's say 2.30 am .

1 hour ago, mcb2007 said:

It is my watch and I have read the time in the early hours , so I will leave it here . That's unless you show me yours at let's say 2.30 am .

Fine but I haven’t been able to read mine well in the middle of the night. OP will need to decide how important this is to him.

You could also see if you could source an older SMP 2231.80, calibre 1120. The serial no. dates this one of mine to 1999-2000. Case and bracelet are titanium. Electric blue dial (it was also available in black), blue enamelled numbers and markers on the titanium bezel insert and fully lumed sword hands. No probs with this one in the dark!

Omega

Omega SMP. Lume

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • 4 months later...
On 20 May 2019 at 08:29, Roger the Dodger said:

You could also see if you could source an older SMP 2231.80, calibre 1120. The serial no. dates this one of mine to 1999-2000. Case and bracelet are titanium. Electric blue dial (it was also available in black), blue enamelled numbers and markers on the titanium bezel insert and fully lumed sword hands. No probs with this one in the dark!

Omega

Omega SMP. Lume

Just scouring some old threads.... And think that this Omega is the nicest I've seen. Lovely watch

• Thanks 1

I love my SMP, it's my most versatile watch and wears brilliantly.

I went on the waiting list for a BB58 on August 3rd.To me it looks like a 'wow' watch but I doubt it'll have the 58's versatility.

Till I saw the 58 on the Tudor site, a new SMP was going to be the one.