• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Favorite bracelet?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite bracelet?

• Oyster
    • Jubilee
    • Presidential
    • Mesh

It seems the most common bracelets are oyster, jubilee, presidential and mesh. Which is your favorite? And outside the vote, which is your least? Or, how do you rank them all?

• Like 1

It seems the most common bracelets are oyster, jubilee, presidential and mesh. Which is your favorite? And outside the vote, which is your least? Or, how do you rank them all?

For me the jubilee is stunning and the best of all...i believe it lifts the piece and it’s fluidity is just so comfortable on the wrist.. I regularly change my oyster bracelets on my Sub and OP to the jubilee ... and my 1967 DJ is also on the jubilee .. not a fan of mesh bracelets and the polished centre links of the GMT are a scratch magnet for heavy use...the jubilee is a classic and just doesn’t seem to age..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Oyster for me. Don't get me wrong, I actually like all the others, but you asked for a favourite! I would only wear a mesh on a watch with a case design that covers the end links (such as the Apeks) as I think they look a bit untidy exposed.. BTW, which is your favourite, Jay?

Apeks

• Like 2

For comfort on the wrist I prefer a jubilee or Bond SMP style bracelet, but for aesthetics I prefer an oyster bracelet.

• Like 2

Not a bracelet guy, but if I do prefer one it's the oyster-style since it's generally the most understated. Mesh needs to be on a beater or tool watch to really work IMO

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Vindolanda said:

For comfort on the wrist I prefer a jubilee or Bond SMP style bracelet, but for aesthetics I prefer an oyster bracelet.

Exactly..

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JacobMoogberg said:

Not a bracelet guy, 

1 hour ago, Steve D UK said:

Apart from a mesh, I don’t know what the others look like! 

Yep, that's me too, I'm afraid.

The only bracelet I wear is this, and i have no idea if it has a name. (it's quite comfortable though).

vpvgMwi.jpg

Edited by yokel
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, yokel said:

i have no idea if it has a name. 

There's a quite solid clue given in the "nomenclature" on the dial. :thumbsup:

• Haha 3

I picked Oyster, but not against others as long as it goes with the watch it's on, I also prefer having micro adjustments on the clasp, sometimes with bracelets they are either too slack or tight when adjusting size with links only.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve D UK said:

Apart from a mesh, I don’t know what the others look like! 

Here you go...L - R... Oyster, President and Jubilee

Image result for Oyster style bracelet types

• Like 4

I don't care so long as it suits the watch ... I would wear any. My only stipulation is that I only like bracelets that meet the watch between traditional style lugs and I don't like large gaps between case and bracelet.... small gaps fine , but the Tudor style gaps make me gasp and feint.

• Like 1

Oyster for me but tell you what I don't like - those super shiny Breitling bracelets of a few years ago.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

BTW, which is your favourite, Jay?

1. Jubilee

2. President

3. Oyster

Although none are spread by large margins, as I do like these all. However never, ever, ever mesh. It's so hideous.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

but the Tudor style gaps make me gasp and feint.

You really need to stop looking at the ones the lookie lookie man has.

large.15569964873353469828263016496332.jpg.8987c8d92c23b2288ced885b161f8c94.jpg

there, have you got the collywobbles ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

I don't care so long as it suits the watch ... I would wear any. My only stipulation is that I only like bracelets that meet the watch between traditional style lugs and I don't like large gaps between case and bracelet.... small gaps fine , but the Tudor style gaps make me gasp and feint.

With you on that.

As for feinting, why not just hit him?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

You mean the lookie lookie man that is CEO of Tudor !?!? That Lookie Lookie man ???:laugh:

https://www.tudorwatch.com/watches/heritage-ranger/m79910-0011

They could have put it on a mesh,

AB202012-BF74-152A.webp

Hold on, while I get my smelling salts, I feel an attack of the vapours abound.

4 minutes ago, ziggy1024 said:

why not just hit him?

Who ?

Jubilee is my favourite, Oyster then Presidential.  Don't own any mesh straps, as I'm not that keen on them.    :king:

Really do not like mesh but would be happy with any of the others

not a fan of mesh only because I have not seen one( yet) with curved end links, to match the case , which I like my bracelets to do.:biggrin:

Oyster. It's a normal bracelet, the others I might favour for a specific style watch but I'll never not like an oyster.

Ps. Apparently Rolex have copyrighted the words oyster, jubilee, crown, calibre, wrist and watch. 

Let's be fair guys - it's important to support small businesses. They are now muscle, coronation, tiara, alcohol-free, lower arm fold and arm clock, respectively.

• Haha 2