• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
PC-Magician

Tudor BlackBay 58

Its amazing... I wayched this video just a moment ago... and I dont spend much time watching watch videos these days...

Anyway..  quite bizarre how they couldn't get this right.

yep  saw this about an hour ago .... astonishing .... Don't these retailers realise there is something called the "internet" and "youtube" !?!?

11 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

yep  saw this about an hour ago .... astonishing .... Don't these retailers realise there is something called the "internet" and "youtube" !?!?

As you said in your Breitling post, "Anecdotally it appears that about 95% of UK watch purchases are by the non-WIS Joe-public". So I wouldn't think the AD, or Tudor will be too bothered. This shouldn't have happened, and had the purchaser inspected the watch properly before leaving the shop it wouldn't have. Regardless of how much a "good guy" the shop manager is, I put my trust in a loupe.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

As you said in your Breitling post, "Anecdotally it appears that about 95% of UK watch purchases are by the non-WIS Joe-public". So I wouldn't think the AD, or Tudor will be too bothered. This shouldn't have happened, and had the purchaser inspected the watch properly before leaving the shop it wouldn't have. Regardless of how much a "good guy" the shop manager is, I put my trust in a loupe.

I wonder how many people would have ever noticed the scratches. If you need a loupe to spot the imperfections then maybe the 95% of non-wis buyers and perhaps some of the 5% wis ones would never look that closely. I agree that this should have been picked up by quality control but maybe they work on the basis of returns being so rare that it is cheaper to give the odd refund.

4 minutes ago, richy176 said:

I wonder how many people would have ever noticed the scratches. If you need a loupe to spot the imperfections then maybe the 95% of non-wis buyers and perhaps some of the 5% wis ones would never look that closely. I agree that this should have been picked up by quality control but maybe they work on the basis of returns being so rare that it is cheaper to give the odd refund.

You may be right. What I find strange however, is that anytime I have made a similar purchase, the AD has removed all the stickers, and thoroughly checked, and polished the watch with a soft cloth. This video, to me anyway, is more damning on the AD. An acquaintance in the trade once told me that all their products are thoroughly checked before sale, and photographed. If there are any blemishes, then they are returned to the manufacturer/importer. This works in both their favour, and stops "Mr or Mrs angry" shouting on the internet. Mistakes happen, they shouldn't, but they do, and they can be resolved. 

• Like 1

I believe that it is the retailer who should make sure the piece is 100% perfect before being offered for sale to the customer and the consumer must check this is also correct.. did the piece ever really get returned to Tudor who knows..would a Major manufacturer really send a piece back worse than it was before ????..The retailer is to blame IMO whichever way you look at it... 

tell you what I watch that last night, and its clearly made a impression ( bad) as witnessed here , and as it came up as a popular video it has obviously reached a lot of non WIS watches/views also. so many failings by so many people in the sales chain & Tudor  typified by the response by the sales assistant when the manager was not there just handing the watch back. also pity the poor sucker who buys the watch next , just hope it comes at a good discount!

do I think it will effect Tudor sales overall , no but I do think it will damage the brand reputation in the eyes of people who like/ love there watches .

deano

This was a train wreck from start to finish.

How did that watch leave the factory (twice) with such scuff marks ?

• Like 1