• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

2019-04-20_03-04-40

I think I am done but I will entertain suggestions.

I think I have a balanced collection here, lots of brands represented.   Clearly not an investers collection but equally the watches are bluechip enough I shouldn't do my plums on them.

I do not have any platinum watches, not a minute repeater (not a cheap complication to aquire)

Watches are...

1. Omega Speedmaster MOTM 1861mt 2002

2. Vacheron Constantine Overseas Chrono 49140 - 2000

3. Audermars Royal Oak 14790st 2004

4. Seiko Presage Cocktail time with power reserve 2018

5. Patek Philippe Gondola rose gold 8111r 2008

6. Omega seamaster midsize auto blue wave dial 1999

7. Rolex submariner 16610 date + mineral glass holes case 1990 

8. Jaeger LeCoultre 18ct white gold master calender 140.3.98 moonphase officers case 2003 

9. Cartier pasha 18ct gold 2002 auto

10. Rolex extra-prima 9ct yellow 1924 manual wind

11. Longines manual wind steel cushion shape 1921.

What would you lose?  What would you add? What is your favourite?  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Daveyboyz said:

2. Vacheron Constantine Overseas Chrono 49140 - 2000

favourite.

2 minutes ago, Daveyboyz said:

4. Seiko Presage Cocktail time with power reserve 2018

not so much lose it, but probably my first to go 

3 minutes ago, Daveyboyz said:

What would you add?

I think its missing a Zenith.

Lovely collection Davey. 

• Like 2

No Seiko 5s, NATOs, modded Amphibia or Kickstarter watches? What is this witchcraft?

Lovely collection. Sell me the cocktail time cheap and get a zenith (El primero or defy imo) ...or a langh saxonia 18k white gold if you're feeling flash.

Edited by ry ry
  • Like 3

As you know, I also think that's a wonderful assemblage :thumbs_up:

Favourites are the Gondolo and the JLC.

What's missing? Germany: Lange, GO, Moritz Grossmann, Dornblüth  --  and Switzerland: F P Journe, Moser, Zenith.

What should go? Entirely personal taste of course, but my least favorite are the RO, Speedy and Sub (no offence intended).

• Like 2

Favourite is the Seamaster.... I would loose the Moonwatch and replace it with a Zenith El Primero 

• Like 4

Suggestions noted... and we are all different so no offence taken.

Personally the RO is my favourite in the collection... I can understand the sub and the speedy being least favourites... I wear the speedy a fair amount snd the sub is probably least worn.    I agree I am missing a Moser or and FPJourne, while I appreciate Lange it doesn't touch my heart like a Moser would.

And you all say Zenith?   I think if I replaced the Speedy it would be for a Breguet Type 20.

I am fairly happy though... at the moment I am not fixated on anything.

Edited by Daveyboyz

I really like mix of watches here Dave, not all dives or dress but a nice balance and morden/classic. Agree a Zenith wouldn't go a miss other than that I am all good with you keeping your collection lol!. 

Bty is that an Omega watch box converted?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yokel said:

As you know, I also think that's a wonderful assemblage :thumbs_up:

Favourites are the Gondolo and the JLC.

What's missing? Germany: Lange, GO, Moritz Grossmann, Dornblüth  --  and Switzerland: F P Journe, Moser, Zenith.

What should go? Entirely personal taste of course, but my least favorite are the RO, Speedy and Sub (no offence intended).

Agree. Love that JLC and I'm a huge A Lange fan so always going to say add one of them.

Great collection, definitely one to be proud of :clap:

• Like 1

Don’t know that I’d replace anything as it looks like a nice well balanced collection. I’d suggest a Zenith Rainbow Flyback.

• Like 3

Great collection without a doubt, but I could easily get rid of 3 of them...

5,9,10 look like women's watches and gold is for guidos.

• Confused 1

I'd sell the Moon watch and possibly the Seiko. Replacements could be an el primero from Zenith or a Grand Seiko to keep a Japanese in the collection.  

Lovely collection by the way.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Daveyboyz said:

while I appreciate Lange it doesn't touch my heart like a Moser would.

I can identify with your views on Lange, though I admire them intensely (I hope there will be an 1815 in my collection at some point)  --  ALS watches are austere, to be appreciated with the head rather than stirring the soul. However, I would suggest that your lovely JLC is of the same ilk.

The wonderful thing (in addition to fine workmanship) about Moser, Journe, MG and Dornblüth is their comparative rarity. IIRC, Moser is the largest of the four with an annual output of about 1500 pieces; Dornblüth makes around 4 watches a week. And (although we are all different) all four of these watch makers really touch my soul.

But, as you say, nothing in your collection is desperately in need of change  --  you could be happy with status quo for years.

• Like 1

A fantastic collection, thank you for sharing it. And thank you also for photographing and describing so clearly.

My favourite is probably the Jaeger LeCoultre.

• Like 1

hey

looks like a good place to stop to me davey :thumbsup:, my pick would be the AP, blue dial, date , stick markers on a bracelet , tick all my boxes, what would I change , I would change the Cartier pasha?, most would say for something else or a major high end piece , but I would exchange it for another Cartier ( cause I like Cartier wis or non wis ) to a new santos Dumont or de Cartier( with blue dial MMMM), other than than I would probably spend my money else were not on anymore watches .however  can you be a watch enthusiast without buy new watches, I hope so :biggrin:

deano

• Like 1

Possibly change the watch box for one with a couple more spaces and then add a Zenith El Primero and change the Seiko for a GS Spring Drive. You could stop where you are but WHY? :thumbs_up:

• Like 2

Out of all the suggestions I like that best... swap the seiko for a spring drive.

I like the Pasha, it is beautiful and one of my earliest watches was a steel Paaha, it makes it a little sentimental.

Thanks all

Superb collection Davey and it's been a pleasure watching you add to it.

The Jaeger LeCoultre moonphase is the standout one for me but if I had to push one out it'd be the Cartier purely on the lugs. I'd also think about swapping the Sub for a Pepsi GMT Master II of the same era.

• Like 2

Swap out that cocktail time for a Red 12 seiko - there's at least three versions, from £600 (ziggy zaggy herringbone machined white dial) to £X000 (white enamel) with a PR version in between lol - gotta love a red 12 ... (there's a Stowa 'marine' red 12 enamel dial too, mucho bucks - right up your street ... :laugh:

nice collection

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 1

That is a fabulous collection, Davey, but I'm going to be boring and agree with the majority of suggestions above. You have Omega represented twice, so of the two, I would keep the Seamaster and ditch the Speedy in favour of a Zenith Rainbow Flyback...which would also add a subtle bit of colour. My favourite, since you asked, is the JLC. :thumbsup: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

keep the Seamaster

Nooo!!!!   Those hands, those awful, 'Emperor's new clothes' hands.  I also think Bond wore a Seamaster, and he is already represented with the Sub.  But yes, Zenith Rainbow.  Scott had a lovely white dial version.  Which I didn't buy, *sob*

• Like 1

I would say that you have gone through the 'standards' - much as I have done with my Russian space watches - and you have done exceedingly well; I have a few 'special' watches, none expensive, but a '76 Timex identical to the first proper watch I chose when I was 12; my 18th birthday present '82 GP Seiko; my '94 Tag 6000 still good after 25 yrs, a '64 Strela (I followed the space race fanatically as a kid).  Is there a watch you would really like that is not a 'standard'?  That fires your imagination or wonder, sense of proportion or anarchy, history or romance?  My top 'horlogerie suisse' watch (ie highest ticket price) has a nice, albeit Eta, movement with a DD big-date / small second module, and lovely guilloche.  But the watch closest to my heart is this one - been through some scrapes, and set to show the tide conditions at Newhaven, where my dad was born and my grandad's home port, a sailor all his life. And very, very, tough. 

57649145_131588167912429_71251429964958957650853_131593097911936_610337117013069

So if you were going to extend your collection, I would say look for something that is an extension of you.

• Like 1

Exquisite collection!! You could stop, but I doubt we would ever do that, would we? 

I would loose the Rolex extra-prima if any...

My favourites the JLC and the V. C.

What to add maybe a Zenith El Primero or a Zenith Captain perhaps? Great collection indeed, but the fun is the journey right? 

Thanks so much for posting! 

Cheers Martin :thumbsup:

• Like 2