• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Diveaddiction

Which Black Bay?

Morning all,

In a position to purchase either at a great price. I'm not concerned with Resale value etc, and will opt for the Leather strap version for either. 

So.... 

Black Bay (Burgundy bezel) 

Or

Black Bay (GMT) 

Whichever one you like best - otherwise you may end up regretting the purchase.

Me, I'd have the GMT. Are you going for either with strap only, and no bracelet ? You may regret that. I think the GMT looks better on the Bracelet, whereas the Burgendy looks good on either, but that's just my tast. Both good whichever you decide on.

19 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

either with strap only, and no bracelet ?

Sorry I meant I will buy Bracelet versions but intend to wear on Leather... 22mm bracelets look rather off on my wrist 

• Thanks 1

Very similar watches so it just comes down to the GMT function and the colour for me. I'd go with the red Black Bay but that's because it would match my blue on nicely :)

I owned the Burgundy Bezel version for a few months and its a fantastic watch. But I did tire of the aesthetics in the end. So my hunch is the GMT. Bracelet all the way , and a Hirsh James would be my choice of leather for it ...  [ because its both leather and waterproof ... and the Tudor leather deployant strap is poor in my view ]

When I chose my BB (leather), i considered the blue, burgundy & black.

Loved them all but in the end I thought the black would be more future proof as fashions change and also more versatile with a varying wardrobe.

What ever you buy get the bracelet version , only because it’s easier to add a leather if you went down that avenue than to add a stainless steel 

• Like 1